New use!

Old 01-21-2015, 04:48 PM

I guess I need a better explanation of its use. Is it something you leave in an applique project? Do you tear it off the back? Can it be ironed without melting? Is it washable?
Old 01-21-2015, 05:43 PM

I use used dryer sheets.
Old 01-21-2015, 05:58 PM
Power Poster

now that i have the bar in the dryer, no more sheets.

is this fabric non toxic, is it just fabric under another use?

What kind if any are there chemicals in it. thanks
Old 01-21-2015, 06:56 PM

I think you will find it as Landscape Cloth in the gardening section of Home Depot, or any large hardware & gardening store. Seems there were two different weights of it.
Old 01-21-2015, 08:02 PM

Originally Posted by oh munner View Post
EB, l/w, JAB, SS............... WHAT??????
I was going to mention that also. I'm a long time quilter and it is really hard for me to understand some of these abbreviations. Is everyone in so big a hurry that they can't type out word? You know this isn't chat. I notice the other day a person new to quilting and the Quilt Board ask for advice and people replied using a lot of abbreviations, I'm sure she didn't understand any on it and I couldn't help her because I didn't know what they were writing either.
Old 01-21-2015, 08:23 PM

Thanks for sharing !
Old 01-22-2015, 04:55 AM
Power Poster

I don't think the abbreviations are all that difficult to figure out. I had a pause with JAB but figured it was a missspell and it was suppose to be JAF due to the content of the post.
Old 01-22-2015, 05:49 AM

I did a search for this product after reading this thread. Over on Sew Forum, they had a thread about it. Several wrote that they had very good success with it, but several others said that use of a product not specifically made for embroidery could void the warranty on your machine. I have not researched this point, but I guess it should be considered. But if the fiber content is identical, I can't see that it would matter.
Old 01-22-2015, 07:13 AM

This sounds intriguing to say the least - but, once again, can't find it in Canada (at least on line) - anyone else up here have any luck finding it?
I have tried the various combinations of sewer, septic, soil separator etc. on Home Hardware, Lowes and Home Depot.
I did find several choices for Jobes landscape fabric, may look at that when I go to town next.
Old 01-22-2015, 08:15 AM

Sorry again for the abbreviations, and the misspell( jab s/b JAF)--- there I go again! To much texting in my life!

I don't know much about the limits of this product...the roll is leaning against a wall in my sewing cave. I did touch it at the guild meeting. It feels like lite weight NON fusible interfacing, and she has used it in place of using freezer paper to do her machine appliqued pieces....she sewed right sides together on piece( circle) line, trimmed about 1/8" around, small slit into interfacing, flipped out and she said she did iron, then blind stitched down......so I guess that would answer the questions. I will cut a piece, wet it and see if it "shrinks". On the roll there is an illustration of how to use it ....shows it laying on top of a drainage pipe before the dirt is put on top to cover??? Someone in that field understands the real purpose......

Btw...this was in the plumbing section of the store...

Last edited by Geri B; 01-22-2015 at 08:17 AM.