Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Links and Resources (https://www.quiltingboard.com/links-resources-f4/)
-   -   2013 Bonnie Hunter Mystery Celtic Solstice (https://www.quiltingboard.com/links-resources-f4/2013-bonnie-hunter-mystery-celtic-solstice-t233227.html)

JeanieG 12-28-2013 04:30 PM

Oh so pretty quiltsRfun! That is going to be a marvelous quilt. I've got all of Steps 1-4 done, and about 20 of Step 5. Got caught up after Christmas!

Tweety2911 12-29-2013 05:50 AM

QuiltsRfun your colors are wonderful and your blocks look great!

CindyA 12-29-2013 06:08 AM

1 Attachment(s)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]453719[/ATTACH]

I made two test blocks for Clue 5 and they measure accurately! I (finally!) finished all my HSTs and put the first pinwheel together.

Too bad I have so much housework and laundry I need to get done today. :thumbdown: I probably won't have time to work on this any more today.

quiltsRfun 12-29-2013 07:03 AM

Cindy, your blocks look great. Clue 5 wasn't as hard as I thought it would be.

Nilla 12-29-2013 03:19 PM

I finished the 100 blocks, although I still have about 40 to square up. I also went ahead and made an extra 15-20 because this block was harder than the others and I figured some might not work out. Sure enough, I've put 4 aside already that didn't square up well. They can probably be fixed, but I'll have extra just in case.

I hope we start putting it all together next week.

Cathieinut 12-29-2013 09:08 PM

Cindy A love those blocks and they are looking very very good! Hope you get back to them really soon...I will admit that the house could be neater but with both DH home from work for Christmas vaca and youngest son too the dishes have never been caught up LOL but I did clean the bathroom before sewing yesterday. hee hee

Nilla Way To Go! I am with you on having some extras just in case...but I aim for 3 or 4. You can always use the misfits in a practice project or something.

I have 88 blocks done and only 12 left to finish. I might get them done early tomorrow. I haven't gotten a picture taken for the Linky party yet hoping to have the last finished.
I am kind of surprised how easy it has been to keep up as I have heard so many comments online that the quilts are very challenging...I guess I am experienced enough that even though they weren't the easiest units I didn't have much trouble except for those chevrons and I just needed to try a different method and they worked out pretty well in the end.
Good luck to everyone this week and hope we see more pics soon...including mine

sewmany 12-29-2013 09:25 PM

Nice looking blocks, ladies.
finally got to sew today. I am on step 2. It took 2hrs to mark an angle on the 488 2" sqs. Hope to make progress tomorrow.

Suze9395 12-29-2013 10:25 PM

I am finally caught up! WooHoo!
I have been using Bonnie's construction methods. I am so pleased with the way everything has been coming out. I haven't used the TriRecs rulers before, and although I have owned the Easy Angeler for years this is the first time I have used it as well.
This is my first Mystery, and I love it. It has really helped me get more comfortable with triangles...not my favorite shape to work with.

tellabella 12-29-2013 11:11 PM

I made about 30 step 5 blocks...I had to square up a bit and then as I was going along I realized I have less than the 1/4 inch I need on some of them so that when I join them I am going to lose the points...I think...I am going to try to move the needle position over a smidge to see if that helps....they are not difficult if you do assembly line steps...

oh oh and just before starting this clue I realized I had only made 100 4 patch instead of the 120 I was supposed to for clue 4...so I had to make 20 more of those first

Nilla 12-30-2013 04:43 AM

I found a site where the lady did a mathematical analysis of the clues so far. She guesses that next week we'll do more tri-recs with orange and neutrals. I think she guessed 92 for the small size and 140 for the large. Who knows if she's right, but it will be fun to see...