Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Links and Resources (https://www.quiltingboard.com/links-resources-f4/)
-   -   2013 Bonnie Hunter Mystery Celtic Solstice (https://www.quiltingboard.com/links-resources-f4/2013-bonnie-hunter-mystery-celtic-solstice-t233227.html)

Tweety2911 01-02-2014 04:05 PM

Beautiful blocks Emma S!!

CindyA 01-02-2014 06:35 PM

Very nice, Emma! No, I don't think the direction of the pinwheel is going to change the design. I'll have to check mine - good chance mine are other direction, too! I put a bunch of one of the clues together backwards and had to reverse sew quite a bit (the error on that one DID make a difference!).

I just saw on the blog that she's giving us a few weeks off and we'll have time to catch up and put blocks together. So, I guess no more clues but we can just keep working.

nellie 01-03-2014 12:49 AM

love colors Emma and thank you for tip will check back posts i,ve might have miss it thanks

Cathieinut 01-03-2014 05:11 AM

Emma I agree that it won't make a difference what direction your pinwheels are spinning...just as long as they spin the same.
CindyA I too am glad she is giving a couple of weeks for quilt construction...of course there will be those eager beavers who will have the quilt quilted by then and some who haven't even started. I am going to have to slow down with the construction as I have a new GrD due in Feb and need to get a quilt made and to the quilter's soon. I will try and do a few blocks in between the baby quilt steps but it is a twist and turn so hopefully it will go together quickly and then I can get back to it again.
I currently have 8 blocks assembled and 4 more laid out ready to piece. I will take a picture when it gets more light outside.

QuiltedCello 01-03-2014 07:07 AM

Got all the blocks together - it's pretty on my personal quilt, but in the very stark contrast, I do NOT like the 2nd block. Oh well, it's been fun :)

What, it's only 9 patches, it's easy to sew together.

BellaBoo 01-03-2014 07:32 AM

I used the Go and have all my block pieces cut and kitted up. It will be my sewing project at an April retreat I'm going to. I didn't think I'd like any of her patterns better then Double Delight but this may take it's place.

Nilla 01-03-2014 07:57 AM

Is anyone else having a hard time getting all the points and seams to match when putting the blocks together? I don't normally have a problem with everything matching up, but I sure am with this quilt. I'm only just now happy with the first two blocks I put together and took apart and re-put together a few times. I think putting the whole top together will be a long, tedious project for me.

frustratedquilter40 01-03-2014 08:26 AM

Originally Posted by Nilla (Post 6490015)
Is anyone else having a hard time getting all the points and seams to match when putting the blocks together? I don't normally have a problem with everything matching up, but I sure am with this quilt. I'm only just now happy with the first two blocks I put together and took apart and re-put together a few times. I think putting the whole top together will be a long, tedious project for me.

Yes, especially those darn cheverons!!!! I put mine aside because for now I figured it would be tedious also in getting it together for the same reason. It was driving me nuts so I figured oh well I give up do the best I can and go with it. Bonnie's is not perfect so if hers isn't then neither will mine ;)

Nilla 01-03-2014 08:48 AM

Originally Posted by frustratedquilter40 (Post 6490079)
Yes, especially those darn cheverons!!!! I put mine aside because for now I figured it would be tedious also in getting it together for the same reason. It was driving me nuts so I figured oh well I give up do the best I can and go with it. Bonnie's is not perfect so if hers isn't then neither will mine ;)

I agree that the chevrons are the hardest. I decided to put a few of the stars together for now and worry about the chevrons another day.

gardnergal970 01-03-2014 09:01 AM

The tri peak blocks were the hardest for me to square up and then not lose the points. I know that it's as much the cutting as it is the sewing and pressing. Next time I'll consider using Lingo. I still love the quilt. The two blocks together make such a neat pattern.