Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Links and Resources (https://www.quiltingboard.com/links-resources-f4/)
-   -   2013 Bonnie Hunter Mystery Celtic Solstice (https://www.quiltingboard.com/links-resources-f4/2013-bonnie-hunter-mystery-celtic-solstice-t233227.html)

Emma S 01-03-2014 03:53 PM

Cathie: Love your color choices, looks just perfect. This is a pattern I would be tempted to try again with my own colors. Wow can't believe I just set that, checking for a fever. Nope seem to be healthy, just not completely sane.

quiltsRfun 01-03-2014 04:22 PM

Originally Posted by Emma S (Post 6490881)
Cathie: Love your color choices, looks just perfect. This is a pattern I would be tempted to try again with my own colors. Wow can't believe I just set that, checking for a fever. Nope seem to be healthy, just not completely sane.

I was thinking the same thing myself. LOL (About doing the pattern again, not the part about your sanity.)

CindyA 01-03-2014 05:29 PM

Thanks for the pics, Grandmasieg and Cathienut. I really do like this pattern and it's so fun to see how everyone's turned out a little different. Can't wait to see more pictures from you all!

grandmasieg 01-03-2014 07:07 PM

Originally Posted by Daffy Daphne (Post 6490598)
grandmasieg, your top is going to be beautiful! If you don't mind my asking, did you use the same neutral in all your Clue 1 patches, and then mixed neutrals elsewhere?

Daffy

The main reason I wanted to do this mystery is because I traveled to Ireland two years ago and while there picked up 6 yards of neutral material. So my neutral is all the same.. an off white linen actually from Ireland! I'm going to give the finished quilt to my dad for Father's Day this year. My first mystery quilt and I'm happy with the results!

Daffy Daphne 01-03-2014 09:13 PM

grandmaseig, that makes it so special! And I love the crisp effect.

Daffy

tellabella 01-04-2014 04:41 AM

Yes points are a pain ...I made 4 blocks last night...doesn't say size of block anywhere...I guess it should be 9.5 inches...mine are about that...a smidge bigger...will adjust my needle position ...on my Janome 6600 has to set needle position at 5 with my 1/4 inch foot...may move it left a couple notches...

Tweety2911 01-04-2014 05:42 AM

Oh drat my pinwheels are sewn wrong and I was so upset until I saw yours grandmasieg. I won't rip out my blocks since yours looks great together!! :thumbup:

gardnergal970 01-04-2014 05:43 AM

What beautiful quilts! The brown and blue give it such a different look and since my blue is more navy, the other quilt looks completely different to me. I have all my blocks in rows but am taking a break today. All of the seams nest well if the chevrons are pressed right. Sure makes it easier. I've been using my walking foot with the 1/4 inch guide and it has really helped.
i have pinwheels going both directions. One direction doesn't nest well but it still looks okay.

Tweety2911 01-04-2014 08:37 AM

Originally Posted by Tweety2911 (Post 6491688)
Oh drat my pinwheels are sewn wrong and I was so upset until I saw yours grandmasieg. I won't rip out my blocks since yours looks great together!! :thumbup:

I rechecked the instructions and the pinwheel block is correct....but the picture of block 2 shows them differently. Oh well, I won't fret on this and just keep working on block two.

Again, everyone's color choices are delicious and I can't wait to see all of your quilts finished!!! Happy Sewing!!

Daffy Daphne 01-04-2014 08:58 AM

I will be getting a late start, but could not resist putting my fabrics together to be admired. I'm thinking of enlarging the blocks to finish at 12". It would give me a larger quilt with a little less work.

I do like smaller blocks, but with so many pieces larger ones should still be pretty, don't you think?

Stella in AL