Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Links and Resources (https://www.quiltingboard.com/links-resources-f4/)
-   -   2013 Bonnie Hunter Mystery Celtic Solstice (https://www.quiltingboard.com/links-resources-f4/2013-bonnie-hunter-mystery-celtic-solstice-t233227.html)

Pagzz 01-04-2014 09:24 AM

Stella, I think it would be pretty in 12 inch blocks.

I am thinking of putting a purple square not a four patch in the center of my 54 40 stars. I used purple instead of Bonnie's blue and brown instead of her orange. I will post pictures when I have a couple together.

Cathieinut 01-04-2014 11:29 AM

I do like this quilt but there are several others in my two Bonnie books that also are calling my name and I think I would do them as opposed to doing this one again.
I didn't change her color scheme all that much LOL NO orange subbing in the sandy brown and reversed the use of the blues and greens but other wise near enough. I also did a limited scrappy as I just didn't want to pull too many fabrics plus I had to make sure the fabrics would print since I mostly used Inklingo.
Always the next project to use some of the others LOL

KalamaQuilts 01-04-2014 03:37 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Got 20 blocks assembled
I switched the chevrons around
My blue or red should have been lighter, those beautiful star point units are lost.
But I really like it, no complaints

can you find the little green shamrocks?

frustratedquilter40 01-04-2014 04:11 PM

KalamaQuilts- It is gorgeous love it even with just 5 constant colors. Oops I do see those green shamrocks hidden in there perfect touch :thumbup:

Fraew 01-04-2014 04:38 PM

Lovely Kalama! The blue/red is perfect from here. Makes the pinwheel pretties stand out. :thumbup:

Emma S 01-04-2014 05:38 PM

Kalama: I think your top is perfect just the way it is. Love seeing the same pattern in different color ways. I did Bonnie's Orca quilt but because of the range of greens and purples I chose the pattern was kind of hidden. This time I tried to keep to a range of the same colors in each color. Worked much better in making the pattern emerge. Since I used the yellow it gave me the lighter color. If I had used colors without the yellow and orange I would have missed the light color with only medium and dark. I find it very hard to visualize colors without knowing the pattern but next Bonnie Mystery I will try to remember the lesson learned on this one.

Podunk Princess 01-04-2014 05:52 PM

1 Attachment(s)
It's great seeing everyone's progress on this mystery quilt. There are so many variations in colors and they all look great! This has been a lot of fun and I'm looking forward to Bonnie's next mystery.

I finished Clue 5 just before the reveal but haven't had a chance yet to sew the blocks together because of work obligations. I did lay out some of the units on my cutting table to see how it was going to look and check the contrast to see if the circles were going to show up. Hopefully I'll get the blocks done and borders on next week and finally move on to another fun project. Since I'll be doing the Carol Doaks 50 Fab Stars Challenge, I need to get started on those blocks soon.

Emma S 01-05-2014 05:55 AM

Rita: So pretty!

Tweety2911 01-05-2014 08:55 AM

1 Attachment(s)
[KalamaQuilts your colors are wonderful and your top is gorgeous!! Super WOW!!!

I finished sewing my blocks together and am so pleased. I may do this pattern again in different colors. So many great color ideas looking at everyone's blocks!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]454908[/ATTACH]

KalamaQuilts 01-05-2014 10:46 AM

Wonderful Tweety! the exact right scrappiness, well done!
I've been making blocks this morning, my goal is to go until the bobbin runs dry and do a 50 fabulous stars paper piecing block for my treat.
The bobbin is loaded with 2 ply aurifil...I may be awhile!