Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Links and Resources (https://www.quiltingboard.com/links-resources-f4/)
-   -   2013 Bonnie Hunter Mystery Celtic Solstice (https://www.quiltingboard.com/links-resources-f4/2013-bonnie-hunter-mystery-celtic-solstice-t233227.html)

Emma S 02-28-2014 06:11 AM

Getting ready to sandwich my CS. This will not become a UFO!

gardnergal970 03-01-2014 05:19 AM

Originally Posted by Emma S (Post 6601034)

You go girl!!!

pjnesler 03-01-2014 07:26 AM

Originally Posted by Emma S (Post 6601034)

Emma, I'm looking forward to seeing your progress -

frustratedquilter40 03-01-2014 09:44 AM

I have been working on my first one (I am making 2 of the smaller size CS) this week and so far have all the blocks sewn together and the first 3 rows pieced together man what a booger it has been so far it is far from perfect but once quilted and washed no one will be the wiser. Had put them both aside after I finished clue 5 on both and just started working on them this week again. They are beautiful just a lot of pieces and had to take a break to do something else :)

soccertxi 03-01-2014 07:58 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Just put my last row on the center tonight. Now to work on borders!

frustratedquilter40 03-01-2014 11:42 PM

Looks good Beth !!!!! I got my center put together today as well. I got the 1st 2 borders and 2 of the sides of the 3rd border will finish up tomorrow and see if I can post a picture.

gardnergal970 03-02-2014 05:22 AM

Looks good, Soccortxi

Emma S 03-02-2014 06:00 AM

Beth/Christine: Major Milestone! Are you going to do her border or something else? I used her border but abutted the blocks to make diamonds rather than the directional arrows.

soccertxi 03-02-2014 07:00 AM

Originally Posted by Emma S (Post 6604576)
Beth/Christine: Major Milestone! Are you going to do her border or something else? I used her border but abutted the blocks to make diamonds rather than the directional arrows.

Emma, I am auditioning borders now. I have another quilt that needs borders (that I have decided on :hard part done! lol) and a UFO that has all the blocks completed (so i can piece those together while I decide on the CS border). I dont' have all the orange 'peaky' units made...and frankly, I think I am DONE. I would rather use what I have and make it mine, than make more! I had seen them used in a zigzag pattern instead of a flying geese pattern. I am trying both on the design wall. Could be they will end up on the BACK with a totally diff border. I am feeling so ... outlaw-ish today!

I think I just had a great idea! I learned how to import pictures into EQ7 in a class a couple weeks ago. I can import the pictures and audition borders w/o having to move stuff around on the design wall...OR stash dive! I think my cup of coffee is working! Ha!

frustratedquilter40 03-02-2014 08:11 AM

2 Attachment(s)
soccertxi - I ended up doing her borders as I could not think what else to do with those triangles I had made. But I did end up making the 3rd border 3" finished as I did not want a thin border like she had made plus by making it 3 1/2" unfinished I used up a piece of fabric that has been aging for many years in my stash :o

Okay her is my 1st CS completed top. I a little story how the colors ended up as they are I made the triangles wrong the red should have been in the middle and blue on the outer edges so that ended up changing the design by switching the color order I had originally planned on doing.
Supposed to be Ended up being
Red Blue
Yellow Yellow
Green Green
Blue Red

[ATTACH=CONFIG]465299[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]465300[/ATTACH] One down one more to go !