Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Machine Embroidery
Apparel Be More Appealing >

Apparel Be More Appealing

Apparel Be More Appealing

Old 03-15-2022, 09:26 PM

Default Apparel Be More Appealing

How Does Embroidery Help the Apparel Be More Appealing?
Old 03-15-2022, 09:59 PM

I suppose some people find it pretty? I'm not sure I understand your question.

Last edited by Peckish; 03-15-2022 at 10:01 PM.
Old 03-16-2022, 04:43 AM

If you have an embroidery machine you can purchase an inexpensive plain t-shirt and embellish it with a pretty design. That would make it more appealing to me to wear.
Old 03-16-2022, 05:17 AM

Default Does Embroidery help the Apparel

Originally Posted by adrenablossom View Post
How Does Embroidery Help the Apparel Be More Appealing?
A couple years ago, I purchases an embroidery machine because I was curious how it worked. I thought I would like to do a couple T shirt and maybe a few for my granddaughter. After spending more money to get the needed supplies to make sure it was center, software, thread, stabilizer, etc. I made one T-shirt and found out I didn't like it. Now the only thing I use my embroidery machine for is making labels (patches) to mark things. I found it to be the most expensive hobby yet. For the cost of the software, you could buy a ready made T-shirt.
Old 03-16-2022, 07:17 AM
Power Poster

Embroidery on clothes does not appeal to me at all.
Old 03-16-2022, 08:20 AM
Power Poster

In the summertime I love embroidered light-weight cotton/linen blend shirts with embroidery. They are perfect with jeans, long skirts or linen pants. The whole outfit is comfortable because it is open weave to allow a breeze to give it's benefit from the heat. I love being out of doors in the summer, so this is perfect for me.
By the way, embroidered clothing is very expensive to buy. If you can do it yourself, I would think you might save quite a bit.
Old 03-17-2022, 08:06 AM

I have made a Jacobean quilt using my embroidery machine and it was beautiful but very heavy because of all the quilting. I usually embroider a design for my quilt labels, and I also embroider the information on my quilt labels. I have embroidered a few items of clothing and wall hangings, but it isn't something I use a lot.
Old 03-18-2022, 06:04 AM

Nancy Zieman's programs used to show lots of pretty clothing embroidery ideas.
Old 03-18-2022, 09:43 AM

I embroidered cute designs on a lot of tee shirts and sweatshirts for my special needs niece. She loved them and so did her co-workers. I also embroidered some on those cloth tote bags. I have embroidered names on gym bags, did do some red work designs for my sister which she hung in her glass doored cabinet to hide the paperwork stuff she had in there. I embroidered a cute motif on jean shirts I had bought to dress them up a bit. I made a cute toddler quilt using an embroidery collection of animals driving cars. I actually also embroidered some greeting cards using designs. I have made free standing lace bookmarks, angels, and snowflake Christmas ornaments. They look really nice on the tree and my sister wanted about 40 of them for her tree, we then glued some of those crystals on them. That is all I can think of off the top of my head. I do know I did a lot of during the evening after working my stressful job. It was very relaxing for me.

I still have a lot of embroidery thread although I haven't done much these past few years.