Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Machine Embroidery
Embroidery Machines Lets Chat & Have Fun >

Embroidery Machines Lets Chat & Have Fun

Embroidery Machines Lets Chat & Have Fun

Old 06-21-2013, 02:37 PM

Originally Posted by MarnieH View Post
Hi there, I'm new to this website. But I'm looking forward to learning from everyone. I'm a Canadian and have a Husqvarna Topaz 30 Embroidery/sewing machine. I've not done a ton of embroidery yet. But hoping to get more into it, with my new Anita Goodesign software. Now I just need my machine to work properly. It's at the shop......AGAIN!!!!

Marnie, Winnipeg, MB
I hope your Topaz 30 won't be gone long. I have had mine for about 5 years. Love it and I am always learning. Good luck with yours.
Old 06-21-2013, 02:42 PM

Krystyna I got the freebie designs from emblibrary and they are so cute! I printed the color sheets at work and now I'm going to put them on my usb flash drive. LAQUITA, congratulations on your new machine! I'm sure you will love it and many of us here will help with whatever questions you have! Question? I bought Floriani thread a few weeks ago but I didn't know about the special. Is this something that the local lqs would promote or is it their website? Let us know!
Old 06-21-2013, 05:29 PM

I have the Brother PE500, and got the PED Basic with the embroidery card which my machine takes. Now I'm looking for additional cards - anyone know where they sell them separately? Went to sewing machine store and they quoted me $200 for it. Crazy.
Old 06-21-2013, 05:32 PM
Power Poster

Try ebay, you might find some there.
Old 06-21-2013, 05:50 PM
Banned

I bought 2 extra cards from AllBrands a couple years ago.
Old 06-21-2013, 06:26 PM

Question? I bought Floriani thread a few weeks ago but I didn't know about the special. Is this something that the local lqs would promote or is it their website? Let us know![/QUOTE]

Quilt nut: here is the web site, it's a Christmas in June special ...http://richlandsewing.florianiembroi...ducts/*/*/7620. It's the 30 spools special about 1/4 way down the page. Since its.a. Floriani special I'd think that anyone that sells this thread should honor it.
HTH.
Old 06-21-2013, 09:48 PM

I have a Husqvarna Topaz 30. I was hoping to find a group on this forum for Embroidery Quilters. I've yet to do one, but now that I have the Anita Good design block of the month program, I do want to start.....soon. Anyone know of a group on this forum? I new of of yesterday.
Old 06-21-2013, 09:51 PM

Sophie - Had nothing but trouble with mine from day one. Thinking of trading it for a Pfaff. The bottom thread gets caught on my scissors, every 4-6 cuts. As scissors don't retract for some reason ...every time. Anyways, I'm hoping that I can trust it enough after the next shop visit to get back into embroidery....
Otherwise, I'll be posting it for sale. Mine is only 3 yrs. old this month. AND I've only used it 1/2 that time because I leave it here when I go south for the winter.
Old 06-21-2013, 10:09 PM

I heard through the emb. grapevine that cards are becoming dinosaurs and will no longer be available in the near future! Is this possible? I have a friend that is buying an Esante thinking shevwill buy cards. The machine only takes cards or direct from computer to machine. No flash drive capability. Personally, i love the flash drives.
Old 06-22-2013, 08:52 AM

Laquita, thank you for the info I will definitely check into it. Snipforfun some machines still use the cards and there are still blank memory cards that can be used to transfer designs from the computer to the card but you'll need the software to do this (depending on the machine). My Babylock Spirit takes only the usb however I have the Palette 1.7 in when I connect into the machine it will read my memory cards that I've had in the past with other Babylock memory card only machines. For a moment there I thought I'd lost out on using the memory cards on my new machine but it does read them!