Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Machine Embroidery
Embroidery Machines Lets Chat & Have Fun >

Embroidery Machines Lets Chat & Have Fun

Embroidery Machines Lets Chat & Have Fun

Old 03-08-2015, 03:43 PM

Originally Posted by sherian View Post
I have been working on my large hoop (7x12) which does not like me I am sure . I can do all other hoops which are smaller. Each time I get to the middle of the hoop my fabric starts to pull and then jam. I think the middle
of the hoop just does not have a good hold on the fabric. After to many tries, went to All Brands and they told me to
wrap elastic ( like the kind you do for a hurt ankle) around the part that is not keeping the fabric in place. Not much
just a little will hold the fabric on the frame. Will try tomorrow, has anyone tried this, or maybe another idea. thanks!
My way is a no go yet again. I tell ya, that large hoop has a 4 inch spot in the middle that just messes up.
Louise I want to try the hoop grip next. I did not see it at Joann's or Walmart. Only to stores here.
Will look online. thanks!
Old 03-08-2015, 03:49 PM

Originally Posted by ania755 View Post
Yes....I hear that the larger hoops can cause problems especially on some machines....
I would like to know which machine you are using the larger ( 7 x 12 " ) hoop.....I am very tempted to buy the bigger hoop but unless I hear from another quilter that it works well with the Janome 350 ,I rather wait...they are expensive and I don,t want to get frustrated...life is complicated as it is.....good luck
I have a babylock ellengant2 works great, I really think it is my hoop has a little non grip in the middle ,or space I should say..
Old 03-09-2015, 06:45 AM

Lucky ladies......!!! Have fun and plenty if good luck on the wonderful future projects to all of you
Old 03-09-2015, 06:48 AM

Originally Posted by Cari-in-Oly View Post
I use strips of rubber shelf liner held in place with double sided tape on my large hoops.

Cari
Thanks will try!
Old 03-09-2015, 06:54 AM

My way is a no go yet again. I tell ya, that large hoop has a 4 inch spot in the middle that just messes up.
Louise I want to try the hoop grip next. I did not see it at Joann's or Walmart. Only to stores here.
Will look online. thanks!
I've used blue masking tape to hold the fabric tight on top of the hoop and fabric. Then I found out Viking makes these little clips that fit over the hoops (especially the larger ones) and the clips hold it tightly together so slipping of the fabric.
Old 03-09-2015, 06:58 AM

Good to know....I am always learning something in here.......Thanks
Old 03-09-2015, 07:19 AM

thank you Quilty-Louise I will be looking on line for the hoop grip, and headed to the store for the shelf liner.
Where I live we are big enough for a Walmart, but have a what we call a shoe box Joann's (small).
I thank you for your help. I plan on trying again today. I have 2 friends with cancer and one with new grandbaby.
To make blankets to give them. I say blankets because I like the simple thick batting, cotton fabric on one side and flannel on the other, then tacking. They wash and wear so well. Friends here love them I pick their theme. One will be beach, crosses and bible verse,and baby race cars. Simple, comfortable, washable. My grandkids started his with what they call - cool side & warm side. thanks again.
Old 03-09-2015, 07:26 AM

Originally Posted by romanojg View Post
I've used blue masking tape to hold the fabric tight on top of the hoop and fabric. Then I found out Viking makes these little clips that fit over the hoops (especially the larger ones) and the clips hold it tightly together so slipping of the fabric.
clips sounds good too. I headed to the my shoe box Joann's and walmart, my only choices here then online. thanks!
Old 03-09-2015, 07:43 AM

clips sounds good too. I headed to the my shoe box Joann's and walmart, my only choices here then online. thanks!
If you are around a viking dealer I'd get a small pack. From what I've seen most hoops are about same thickness at least in some of the areas. I've heard also in some areas that Joann's sells Viking so maybe you could call them and see if they have them or order them. I think they work great for large hoops or heavier fabric or dense designs

if you can't find them how about those black clips used to hold heavy stacks of paper together. they can be found at most stores

Last edited by romanojg; 03-09-2015 at 07:46 AM.
Old 03-09-2015, 09:33 AM

I have a brand new Baby Lock Journey that has some of the most gorgeous designs. I have not used it yet for the embroidery since the classes aren't until end of this month and into April. I can't wait to do it. It also has over 250 decorative stitches; some come out so heavy they almost look like embroidery. Can't wait.