Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Machine Embroidery
Embroidery Machines Lets Chat & Have Fun >

Embroidery Machines Lets Chat & Have Fun

Embroidery Machines Lets Chat & Have Fun

Old 06-22-2012, 04:05 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by thequilteddove View Post
This is lovely! Do you know the quilt block name?
I'm so sorry I didn't answer you, I JUST saw this! Here's the pattern for the magnolia quilt for my niece.
http://www.quilterscache.com/B/BrasstownStarBlock.html
Old 06-23-2012, 05:20 AM

Thank you Divokittysmom for your response about embroidery needles. The info is a great help to me. Have a super day.
Old 06-23-2012, 07:21 AM

Originally Posted by mermaid View Post
TIC(tongue in cheek LOL) Why store it at all? I see from your ''signature'' under your post, that you have other machines to sew on. Seriously, it was a hassle for me, because I love the sewing features on my Brother ULT so much, that when opportunity came to buy 2nd hand one, I DID! I leave emb. unit attached to one all the time, and sew on the other--even tho I have 11 more machines to use. If I ever get into a real embroidery mood, I can 'fire' them both up. Meanwhile one unit is stored in it's humongous case w/hoops and behind a spare bdrm door. It all comes down to priorities!
Hi- an excellent idea to keep it attached, however my other machines are in another location. I only have my embroidery machine in my home. I actually have a studio that I rent where my mid arm and my Janome reside.
Old 06-24-2012, 05:33 AM

Originally Posted by sewnsewer2 View Post
I'm so sorry I didn't answer you, I JUST saw this! Here's the pattern for the magnolia quilt for my niece.
http://www.quilterscache.com/B/BrasstownStarBlock.html
Great pattern - thanks for sharing!
Old 06-24-2012, 05:55 AM

Originally Posted by MzMcKee View Post
I used metro thread.. www.metroemb.com $.85 for the mini spools and $2.85 for the big spools. I loved it, but my new machine doesn't. Buy a couple of spools and give it a try. Just a thought.
I use some of the Coats and Clark, and Gutterman Dekor and have great success with both as well as with Sulky.
Old 06-24-2012, 09:44 AM

Originally Posted by mermaid View Post
TIC(tongue in cheek LOL) Why store it at all? I see from your ''signature'' under your post, that you have other machines to sew on. Seriously, it was a hassle for me, because I love the sewing features on my Brother ULT so much, that when opportunity came to buy 2nd hand one, I DID! I leave emb. unit attached to one all the time, and sew on the other--even tho I have 11 more machines to use. If I ever get into a real embroidery mood, I can 'fire' them both up. Meanwhile one unit is stored in it's humongous case w/hoops and behind a spare bdrm door. It all comes down to priorities!
I never take mine off either. I just sew with it on. I like it that way. It gives me a larger bed to sew on
Old 06-24-2012, 11:55 AM
Swap Hosts

Originally Posted by Karenowc View Post
I have a question on how all of you "store" the embroidery module for your machines when you are not using them.
I have the Ellisimo machine and the module is HUGE. I never had a problem with my Bernina module - I would sleep in the little bag it came with. However, the case for this machine wears more than my granddaughters! LOL In addition, it's big and doesn't fit in my sewing room.

I'm trying to come up with a basket or something for the times it is not on my machine. I've thought of putting it on end and putting it under my sewing table but not sure that is perfect (or the correct way to store it either).

Would love to see/hear how you've solved this problem.
Karen
Karen,
When I bought my first embroidery machine, it was a dual sewing-embroidery. I have a couple of rolling plastic drawers under my desk so it went in one ... but eventually I realized that I never take it off for long. Keeping that in mind, my next machine was embroidery only. I have three sewing only machines, but mostly use one as well as my serger and the two embroidery machines are in constant use.
Old 06-24-2012, 11:58 AM
Swap Hosts

Originally Posted by Momo View Post
Thank you Divokittysmom for your response about embroidery needles. The info is a great help to me. Have a super day.
I was having trouble with some types of thread shredding but since Quilty-Louise sent me some 90/14s no more problems. Now I use them for everything.
Old 06-24-2012, 03:14 PM
Power Poster

I always use a size 12 needle except for metallics, then I use a metallic needle.
Old 06-25-2012, 05:02 AM

I have the Singer Futura XL 400. Am interested in learning how to use it. Have made "some" designs, but want to learn more about using it for labels, quilt blocks, etc. Am still trying to learn how to download designs that STAY. Have a computer designated strickly for the machine.