Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Machine Embroidery
Help!! Does anyone know how to fix this? Machine Emb. >

Help!! Does anyone know how to fix this? Machine Emb.

Help!! Does anyone know how to fix this? Machine Emb.

Old 09-14-2011, 11:08 AM

Use a fine tip Sharpie pen (the same color as your thread) and fill in the gaps.
Old 09-14-2011, 12:12 PM

If you did not, you really should wash your fabric first.

Looks like a stabilizer problem to me, too.
Old 09-14-2011, 12:46 PM

I do a lot of embroidery testing and I would recommend that you use a heavier, cut away stabilizer for the rest of the blocks as well as follow the other suggestions given here about hooping. I recently attended a class by Mr. Floriani of Floriani Products and his answer to this problem also was to use a heavier (ie more stable) stabilizer and it has been working for me. In fact, I found that the heavy stabilizers that I own that I didn't use much are now getting more use than the others.
Old 09-14-2011, 12:50 PM

Originally Posted by LINDA CATLEGE
Michigan to Lewisville Tx quite a drive, wave going down I35 thru Norman, if you go that way. Have a safe trip, and I love the sock Monkey.
yeah, it's about 1200miles. will wave too(if we go that way) LOL
Old 09-14-2011, 12:53 PM

You could try two things..Place a piece of a foam on each end and sides of your hoop to give added stability so your material doesn't shift..there is a contact shelf paper that that works great for this..and second try placing your stablizer on top of your hoop instead of the bottom...this works especially well if you are using a water soluable stabilizer...but it works with others as well, you will just have to be careful trimming the excess stablizer away from you design...
Old 09-14-2011, 12:54 PM

You're right on Grammy6. Stretching the fabric too tight causes the puckers as seen in the embroidery design. It sure is a cute design tho and will be perfect on a little one's quilt.

Originally Posted by grammy6
Originally Posted by TheSevenYearStitch
Originally Posted by candledish
I agree - looks like the material shifted during embroidery. I make sure I get the fabric taut in the hoop and have little clamps I use on the frame when I do embroidery that has a high stitch count. Helps prevent the shifting. Got them at Home Depot for about 49 cents each.. They look like small clothespins. You can also try iron-on stabilizer or 505 spray w/ the stabilizer you have now.
Yep. The fabric should be tight as a drum and you need stabilizer.
Do NOT pull the fabric taut while in the hoop. When embroidering on cotton fabric professionals suggest an iron on stabilizer to keep the fabric from stretching. Or, iron on light interfacing. Use the iron on stabilizer that is a tear away to keep it soft. Either one works beautifully. I know this because my friend does machine embroidery professionally. Please try it you won't be disappointed. Good Luck those monkeys are adorable.
Old 09-14-2011, 12:55 PM

Originally Posted by ncredbird
I went to her site and looked at the Sock Monkey designs. She has quite a few Sock Monkey collections. Which one do you have? I need to do a quilt for a grand son and I thought these would be perfect. Ann in TN
It's called Sweet Sock Monkeys.....filled. #DBJJ478 I got the filled designs as apposed to the applique, b/c right now there is sock monkey fabric that looks like the sock, but what if years down the road you can't find it anymore. so i found a tweed embroidery thread, Bear Brown by Robison-Anton379070 that looks like the sock part. the directions called for a solid brown, but I liked this look. i suppose if a person bought even a yard of the fabric, that would make an awful lot of appliques.):
Old 09-14-2011, 01:02 PM

I used to live in Lewisville, TX! Now I'm homesick!!
Old 09-14-2011, 01:41 PM

I hate when that happens! I use a black micron pen to fill in the open areas between the outline.
Old 09-14-2011, 01:49 PM

I don't know anything about embroidery machines, but I do think he's as cute as can be! Hope someone here can help you out.