Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Machine Embroidery (https://www.quiltingboard.com/machine-embroidery-f28/)
-   -   Embroidery Machines Lets Chat & Have Fun (https://www.quiltingboard.com/machine-embroidery-f28/embroidery-machines-lets-chat-have-fun-t32969.html)

IBQLTN 07-26-2012 04:01 AM

Quilty-Louise,

Are the earrings you are making embroidered? If so, how about sharing the what and wheres?

Krystyna 07-26-2012 04:29 AM

Sonia Showalter has the most magnificent earring designs.
Louise and I both get designs from My Garden Embroidery. She has tons of charms and earrings there.
Yesterday I got the newest quilting design from Pixies Rule for $1.00! She has tons of sets for the same price, too.
Has anyone used the delightful recipe towel designs at Grandma Debbie's Designs? I made one for a QB friend of the 5 minute cake in a cup. It was so cute.

shirsh 07-26-2012 06:46 AM

Have you stitch out designs from" Pixies Rule" .... she sure has some cute ones..

Krystyna 07-26-2012 07:20 AM

Yes. They stitch out beautifully! I love the quilting designs, too.

Auntie Sherry 07-27-2012 12:40 AM

I just did my first embroidery on my new Singer FQ 4 (futura quartet from hsn). Might preface this with I thought I had a problem with the machine-I couldn't get the feed dogs back up. Low and behold I emailed Singer and they e-mailed me a procedure to follow and it worked....

So, at 3 in the morning I embroidered a little flower that is preloaded....the machine was kind of loud and I'm sure my neighbors were thrilled, but oops too bad. I was just so happy the dang thing worked!! I didn't even have the correct thread in the machine or do a required color change. Dang if I didn't make the cutest little gray flower you ever saw-at least it is to me

I love the automatic threader and I believe I could die and go to heaven over the automatic up down position for the needle

I'd like to thank all who mentioned the embroidery library-I went there and downloaded freebies and a bit more..tee hee.

Off to play

Silver Lane 07-27-2012 04:39 AM

Originally Posted by Krystyna (Post 5395271)
Sonia Showalter has the most magnificent earring designs.
Louise and I both get designs from My Garden Embroidery. She has tons of charms and earrings there.
Yesterday I got the newest quilting design from Pixies Rule for $1.00! She has tons of sets for the same price, too.
Has anyone used the delightful recipe towel designs at Grandma Debbie's Designs? I made one for a QB friend of the 5 minute cake in a cup. It was so cute.

Thank you for the emb. sites. I checked them out. They have great designs.

Krystyna 07-27-2012 04:49 AM

Connie, Sonia Showalter has gorgeous free alphabets, too.

Quilty-Louise 07-27-2012 05:59 AM

Another great site for designs with TONS of FSL is at CRISWELL Embroidery

I have MANY of the designs including the bookmarks with a letter on the end.

TanyaL 07-28-2012 07:58 AM

I'm taking a break from my quilting to embroider onto some little 3 month size onezies for a new great-grandson. However I don't have the smallest size hoop for my Brother; so, I will have to make an applique and sew it on. The pattern that I want to use is so cute, but it seems stiff for the little knit onezie. Does anyone have any suggestions?
I don't know how to reduce the number of stitches in a purchased pattern. The pattern is from Embroider Library.

Quilty-Louise 07-28-2012 08:43 AM

I am sooooo disgusted that all I want to do is cry!

The embroidery design I post of the hydrangea bouquet
for the wedding that is TODAY (which I am unable to attend)
has turned into a DISASTER when I quilted it, thought I could
work around the few puckers on the back.

I put the walking foot on my machine to do some straight line
SitD and the puckering in the corners is so bad that now I have
to decide to I start all over including all the embroidery, or do I
start on something completely different, or start ripping out stitches
which is NOT going to be easy.

Hubs suggested the I rip the stitches out closest to the center near
the embroidery design and turn it into an applique. Not sure what to
do but I am so depressed about all that work for nothing but a mess.