Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Machine Embroidery (https://www.quiltingboard.com/machine-embroidery-f28/)
-   -   Embroidery Machines Lets Chat & Have Fun (https://www.quiltingboard.com/machine-embroidery-f28/embroidery-machines-lets-chat-have-fun-t32969.html)

cheriami 08-31-2013 07:19 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Finished today embroidered on my Janome 300e. Designs from Embroidery Library. Snowball and 9 patch idea came from this board. I really like it as a way to set embroidery designs and will do it again.

quiltnut4ever 08-31-2013 10:06 AM

Cheriami that is a beautiful quilt! Great job!

Nanny's dollface 08-31-2013 10:21 AM

Beautiful quilt! I love the look of embroidery and quilting. Right now working on a stamp postage quilt with redwork blocks of week days with farm animals.

snipforfun 08-31-2013 12:42 PM

Where did you get the emb designs?

quiltnut4ever 08-31-2013 03:26 PM

Snipforfun, you can find the designs and more at www.emblibrary.com. They're running a great sale till Monday.

snipforfun 08-31-2013 04:12 PM

Originally Posted by quiltnut4ever (Post 6266521)
Snipforfun, you can find the designs and more at www.emblibrary.com. They're running a great sale till Monday.

did you get the 4x4? What size background squares did you use? I did a cute sock monkey quilt and used the 4x4 image in an 8x5.5 rectangle. It was the Mod Pod pattern

Sophie2 08-31-2013 04:14 PM

Originally Posted by cheriami (Post 6265824)
Finished today embroidered on my Janome 300e. Designs from Embroidery Library. Snowball and 9 patch idea came from this board. I really like it as a way to set embroidery designs and will do it again.

Thanks for another idea to put on my "bucket list". Your quilt is beautiful!

Auntevie 08-31-2013 04:50 PM

I love your quilt! I want to do a quilt with embroidery but am so confused as to which stabilzer to use. Can you please tell me what stabilzer you used?

snipforfun 08-31-2013 05:12 PM

Originally Posted by Auntevie (Post 6266609)
I love your quilt! I want to do a quilt with embroidery but am so confused as to which stabilzer to use. Can you please tell me what stabilzer you used?

Im not the maker of this quilt but made a similar one recently. Stabilizers are so confusing! However, for this quilt I used a medium tearaway and a floating lite tearaway. The reason I made this choice is because a local quilt shop displayed the same quilt and I asked the quilt maker. All that being said that design was a filled design and the one we are now admiring is redwork. Hmmmm That has prompted me to investigate. One thing I can advise us to pre wash the background fabric to take care of any shrinking before embroidering. Im going to do a test with the redwork and 2 tearaways. I dont like using a cutaway with white fabric. It will show wont it?

lynnie 08-31-2013 05:18 PM

I have a bro pe770. sometimes the thread breaks and I need to backup bit. how do I do it on this machine??? this is the ony machine I 've had that I can't figure it out. thanks in advance.