Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Machine Embroidery (https://www.quiltingboard.com/machine-embroidery-f28/)
-   -   Embroidery Machines Lets Chat & Have Fun (https://www.quiltingboard.com/machine-embroidery-f28/embroidery-machines-lets-chat-have-fun-t32969.html)

Sandygirl 08-31-2014 02:17 AM

Love them ALL! Esp the horses. Gorgeous!
Sandy

Sandygirl 08-31-2014 02:30 AM

Terial Magic vs. stabilizer

2 Attachment(s)
I played with Terial Magic last night. I put it to the test for machine embroidery. You pre-treat the fabric with it which stiffens it. You can then embroider a design without using stabilizer. I chose a large design (the largest I have ever had the patience for.) It was a design that came loaded on my Janome 9900. 34,900 stitches/89 minutes. 7 thread changes.

I was impressed with the results and Terial Magic washed out so quickly! Not sure that I would use it for all embroidery but for designs where you don't want the stabilizer backing; an option. You can see how stiff it makes the fabric where the hoop was. You can use Terial Magic for photo printing and for use with the fabric cutters such as the Silhouette or Scan n Cut. It really stiffens!

Sandy

Lovequilting22 08-31-2014 05:14 PM

5 Attachment(s)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]489824[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]489825[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]489826[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]489827[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]489828[/ATTACH] Here are just a few of the projects I've completed in my Babylock Esante! I love this machine! Sews like butter. :)

JAGSD 09-01-2014 04:33 AM

The horses are on a cd by Floriani I believe if you go to www.florianisoftware.com you will be able to purchase it. I changed the colors from the original to more browns.mHave fun.

Originally Posted by Melinda in Tulsa (Post 6866472)
all your embroidery is stunning but I absolutely adore the horses! Could you tell me how I could get that particular pattern?
Thanks,
melinda in Tulsa

Rennie 09-01-2014 05:29 AM

LoveQuilting22, those baby cloths and that baby quilt are adorable! Were the designs built-in on your Esante? Good work.

mpepperm37 09-01-2014 08:27 AM

Glad to see this thread. I have a Babylock Unity and I'm still on the learning curve with it. Can anyone recommend a computer program to convert files to PES?

mermaid 09-01-2014 10:37 AM

Originally Posted by mpepperm37 (Post 6869473)
Glad to see this thread. I have a Babylock Unity and I'm still on the learning curve with it. Can anyone recommend a computer program to convert files to PES?

Free format conversion programs..Pulse Ambassador, Wings' My Editor, WilcomTrusizer...these come to mind immediately. I've not used Wilcom, but love Pulse and Editor. So much more you can do with My Editor, but there's a couple or more formats it does not recognize that Pulse does. Easy to use!

Lovequilting22 09-01-2014 03:45 PM

Originally Posted by Rennie (Post 6869104)
LoveQuilting22, those baby cloths and that baby quilt are adorable! Were the designs built-in on your Esante? Good work.

Hi Rennie,

Thanks for the compliment. :)

i believe that the butterfly and heart on the baby quilt (my first quilt ever) were designs built in and the pink baby design on the burp cloths as well. I downloaded the moon for free from an embroidery website. (I can look it up if you're interested) The apple tree is also a standard design in my machine, which I love. The Cincinnati guy was a custom order. That was my practice round. Those baby gifts were a huge hit. Two different babies, but still a hit. :) Appreciate the feedback.

Lovequilting22 09-01-2014 03:54 PM

5 Attachment(s)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]490020[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]490021[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]490022[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]490023[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]490024[/ATTACH]
Rennie, all of these designs are standard in my machine as well. The bibs were a gift, the rest were part of three separate embroidered towel orders. :) Not too shabby for a newbie :) I added the extra stitching on the purple towels. The hardest part for me is placement. But I'm still learning.

GrandmaSewNSew 09-01-2014 04:11 PM

LoveQuilting22,
You do beautiful work! What stabilizers did you use for these?