Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Machine Embroidery (https://www.quiltingboard.com/machine-embroidery-f28/)
-   -   Embroidery Machines Lets Chat & Have Fun (https://www.quiltingboard.com/machine-embroidery-f28/embroidery-machines-lets-chat-have-fun-t32969.html)

Quilty-Louise 12-11-2014 12:42 PM

Madeira thread has a white opal effect (not really sure what it is called).
Has a beautiful sparkle to it.

It is the one I have used with GREAT success and looks great. I used it
to make icicle ornaments.

Originally Posted by PAMAR (Post 7004121)
I am looking for a frosted white thread (or white metallic) to embroider snowflakes for a quilt. I checked Superior Threads, but didn't see white frosted. Can someone recommend a good brand that would have this type of thread? I have a Bernina 630, and it is temperamental when it comes to metallics. I usually use Superior metallics with no problems.

Thanks for your advice.

PAMAR 12-11-2014 04:22 PM

Thanks, Quilty-Louise!, I am off to do some googling.

coffeecozy 12-12-2014 04:55 AM

I just used some Robinson Anton j metallic in a color called iris. Perfect for a snow flake and was very easy to stitch.

slbram17 12-14-2014 07:39 PM

Originally Posted by Olectra (Post 7002123)
I am new to sewing, quilting and embroidery and have learned A LOT in the last few months. I have made two quilts (among other things) and hand embroidered the labels for them. I am pretty proud of them... Not too bad for a novice. IMO : )

My husband surprised me with a Brother PE-770 last week and I am really excited to play with it. Oh, I have tested out some of the presets, but I really want to make my own Designs. Does anyone have any suggestions on an embroidery or a digitizing software? I have been trying to do some research online, but it is extremely overwhelming and have only managed to confuse myself. LOL

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you. :)

EDIT: I have spent the last two hours reading this thread hoping to find the information, but it is 289 pages long... 289!! I only scratched the surface. 😊

I know, this topic is so large it is hard to navigate coming in fresh, in my opinion.

Bneighbor 12-15-2014 01:26 PM

I think it would be nice if this embroidery thread had it own section (not sure that is what I wanted to say, but hope it makes sense)

Quilty-Louise 12-15-2014 02:59 PM

Yes this makes perfect sense.

I personally have sent a request to PatriceJ about setting up a new
forum for machine embroidery.

I got a quick fast "no" as my reply.

No reason giving nothing else said. I know I am not the only person
to send the request about it.

Originally Posted by Bneighbor (Post 7009169)
I think it would be nice if this embroidery thread had it own section (not sure that is what I wanted to say, but hope it makes sense)

Bneighbor 12-15-2014 04:27 PM

Originally Posted by Quilty-Louise (Post 7009273)
Yes this makes perfect sense.

I personally have sent a request to PatriceJ about setting up a new
forum for machine embroidery.

I got a quick fast "no" as my reply.

No reason giving nothing else said. I know I am not the only person
to send the request about it.

With so many quilters crossing into embroidery and adding embroidery to their quilts, you would think that adding an embroidery forum would be an enhancement. Quite frankly, since this forum does not want to cover embroidery to enhance quilting, we may not get new members because they may look at other forums to find information. I understand that those die-hard quilting perfectionist will not care, but I want to expand my horizons and bring more to my craft. I don't want to be stagnant, doing the same old stuff. Good thing our quilting ancestors progressed with the times.

Olectra 12-15-2014 07:16 PM

I am definitely going to add embroidery to my quilting and have been looking for an embroidery forum as awesome as the Quilting Board. It would be awesome to have them in one place though. :)

Neesie 12-15-2014 07:50 PM

Originally Posted by Olectra (Post 7009526)
I am definitely going to add embroidery to my quilting and have been looking for an embroidery forum as awesome as the Quilting Board. It would be awesome to have them in one place though. :)

I agree. Embroidery is a lot more related to quilting, than recipes.

sherian 12-15-2014 07:58 PM

i enjoy all sewing.

Originally Posted by Neesie (Post 7009559)
I agree. Embroidery is a lot more related to quilting, than recipes.

Love sewing, quilting, embroidery etc. Enjoy reading this site alongwith learning and enjoying.