Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Machine Embroidery (https://www.quiltingboard.com/machine-embroidery-f28/)
-   -   Embroidery Machines Lets Chat & Have Fun (https://www.quiltingboard.com/machine-embroidery-f28/embroidery-machines-lets-chat-have-fun-t32969.html)

bjhumes 01-11-2015 07:33 PM

It look great

DJ 01-11-2015 08:28 PM

8 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by bjhumes (Post 7044130)
I have a Brothers PE500 and I love it! 4x4 but it has been great for my first one. I have done quilt blocks, coasters, onesies, bibs, quilting and cup cozies. I love it! I will say after buying a CD of 35,000 patterns....I had to transfer to a thumb drive due to my new notebook doesn't have a DVD or CD drive on it! Seems the Windows 8.1 and newer computers have drop box and they don't have the drives anymore but I can still transfer the many FREE and paid for designs to my machine. Anyone else have a Brothers PE500?

I have the PE500 and have enjoyed it so much that I just ordered the next model up PE770. I wanted the larger hoop and ability to use a USB drive instead of having to take my laptop over to my machine. Hope it works out that way. Here are a few things I've done with mine:

Birthday Banner;Hair clips and clip holder (for DGD ... I sent her new clips every month); Heart appliques on quilt and pillow shams; Beach towel applique monograms; Tic-tac-toe game for DGD (in the hoop); Organza leaves (for DD for her birthday and then some for me); T-shirts (We were in Germany when they won the World Cup, but we couldn't find t-shirts, so I made some); Hooded baby towel (shower gift) and much more ....

coffeecozy 01-12-2015 05:00 AM

Beautiful work ladies.
Physconurse I have to ask, why were you embroidering on burlap? It looks surprisingly attractive with the texture of it but I can't figure out where to use it. Very fancy winter rose bush covers :-) ?

romanojg 01-12-2015 06:39 AM

Just to let anyone interested know. Craftsy now has a class on sale for using the 4x4 hoop but using larger designs. I have really large hoops but considering taking it because you just never know when you might need to know.

DJ 01-12-2015 09:09 AM

Thanks Judy for the Craftsy class info. When I go there, the price for the class is $39. Is there a sale price somewhere? Couldn't find it. Thanks!

romanojg 01-12-2015 11:08 AM

Try this link. The email that I got last week said today but when you follow this link it stil shows 19.99
https://learn.craftsy.com/pub/cc?_ri...6zKBHVjCNaAyJI.

copy and paste the whole thing into your browser. I added it to my cart once I signed in and the price stayed at 19.99

quiltnut4ever 01-12-2015 02:50 PM

labug, that is a nice table topper.

IrishgalfromNJ 01-15-2015 05:45 AM

So I've been looking at embroidery designs on line and the two sewing machine designs I looked at show the back of the machine with the needle on the right side. Are there machines with needles on the right side? All the machines I have ever used had the needle on the left side.

Crqltr 01-15-2015 05:58 AM

Originally Posted by coffeecozy (Post 7044337)
Beautiful work ladies.
Physconurse I have to ask, why were you embroidering on burlap? It looks surprisingly attractive with the texture of it but I can't figure out where to use it. Very fancy winter rose bush covers :-) ?

I made a Christmas tag on burlap this year, I let the edges fray some..it was really cute. I used a design of two girls skating (my sister and I much younger!). She was pretty impressed!

sharin'Sharon 01-15-2015 11:34 PM

Originally Posted by mcw1947 (Post 703548)
I have a husqvarna scandinvia 300......I have had it for 5-6 years & have yet to get any success w/ it
Partially I am scared of trying to get things from on line into the proper card.
I have pledged to get this going this year !

What issues are you having in saving the designs to the programmable card (that goes into the Reader/Writer?) It's quite simple. I also have a Scandinavia 300 (bought in 2005) and have used it so-o-o much without any problems.