Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Machine Embroidery (https://www.quiltingboard.com/machine-embroidery-f28/)
-   -   Embroidery Machines Lets Chat & Have Fun (https://www.quiltingboard.com/machine-embroidery-f28/embroidery-machines-lets-chat-have-fun-t32969.html)

Rhonda Lee 01-09-2017 09:36 PM

Do you use your embroidery machine for quilting? I've done a couple of tops, but not quite satisfied. Maybe more experience?

Sandygirl 01-10-2017 03:16 AM

I bought mine thinking that I would use it to quilt. Take a look at the Edge to Edge Quilting book by Amelie Scott. You have to buy the first one which is the instruction book with one CD of quilting designs. The next releases are the design CDs "only". You use larger hoops to quilt. She just released number 6.

Sandy

sval 01-10-2017 03:24 AM

[QUOTE=Sandygirl;7737790]I bought mine thinking that I would use it to quilt. Take a look at the Edge to Edge Quilting book by Amelie Scott. You have to buy the first one which is the instruction book with one CD of quilting designs. The next releases are the design CDs "only". You use larger hoops to quilt. She just released number 6.

Sandy[/QUOTE
]Me too. But I quickly learned it isn't very practical. It does a nice job. But the hooping up of a quilt sandwich is very hard. And then there's the issue of all the rehooping to do even a small quilt. It can take about 40 on up. Perhaps other machines are better equipped with hoops that work well with a thick quilt.
I have the Horizon MC 12000.
I hardly ever embroider. So the expense for the embroidery machine was wasted. An accurate piecing machine would've been better.

copycat 01-10-2017 03:28 AM

Embroidery Machine Fun

1 Attachment(s)
I have a BabyLock Spirit machine.

Wrylymax 01-10-2017 03:42 AM

Originally Posted by Sandygirl (Post 7737790)
I bought mine thinking that I would use it to quilt. Take a look at the Edge to Edge Quilting book by Amelie Scott. You have to buy the first one which is the instruction book with one CD of quilting designs. The next releases are the design CDs "only". You use larger hoops to quilt. She just released number 6.

Sandy

I use this system regularly and love it. Yes, it does take some time which she states in the book, but as someone who does not enjoy FMQ, it's a great option. I embroidered a twin size quilt and it took several days, a 3-4 hours a day. I didn't find the hooping difficult, but maneuvering a large quilt out from under the presser foot then back is a bit of a struggle.

MaggieLou 01-10-2017 06:01 AM

Originally Posted by Rhonda Lee (Post 7737744)
Do you use your embroidery machine for quilting? I've done a couple of tops, but not quite satisfied. Maybe more experience?

I've done several quilts on my emb machine. When I did the first one I took it to my quilt guild and they couldn't believe I did it on my emb machine. Yes, it does take time but I don't do FMQ. The edge to edge designs are great. The only problem I had was they are 5x9. My PE770 only does 5x7 designs. However, with My Editor by Wings (free program) I reduced the size down to where I could use it on my PE770. Since then I just got a new Innovis 1400 which has a 6x10 hoop so I don't have to resize the designs. I haven't had time to play with the new machine yet. Oh, I don't do anything larger than a lap quilt with my emb machine. Anything larger I do on a LA at my local quilt shop.

Eskygirl 01-10-2017 06:10 AM

I have the Janome 15000,right now I'm working on BOM ,quilt ,every square is different,will send pictures when done

Solomae 01-11-2017 10:45 AM

Copycat, I love your pillow! I would like to make one! I found the design on em library, and would like to know what size pillow form did you use and which design size?

Thank you! I'm an embroidery newbie and really appreciate all the wonderful people who post here!

Solomae

Crqltr 01-11-2017 01:24 PM

1 Attachment(s)
A pillow I recently made, learning to get the spaces right when I rehoop. Not perfect but getting better.
.[ATTACH=CONFIG]565468[/ATTACH]

sushi 01-11-2017 02:41 PM

Nice work, Crqltr!