Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Machine Embroidery
Remove stitching needle marks >

Remove stitching needle marks

Remove stitching needle marks

Old 01-16-2024, 05:01 AM

Default Remove stitching needle marks

I tried searching but I might be using the wrong terms or correct area. I just received a jacket that has my name on it and I want to remove it but I am not sure how to remove any needle marks that might remain and I am wondering how I can handle this. The material is like a heavy duck fabric, like a Carhartt jacket would have. It is black with white stitching.
I am hoping the machine embroidery group may be able to help me with this question.
Old 01-16-2024, 05:16 AM

I’ve been successful removing needle holes in fabric by laundering and using heat of dryer to move the threads back together. If this method is not appropriate for the item, perhaps you can use steam, manipulating the fabric, or a damp press cloth and hot iron. Failing to remove, you might consider just embroidering a design over the area. Best luck!
Old 05-03-2024, 11:48 AM

I think that a lot depends on the type of font, fabric, and density used to stitch your name. If the font has wide dense stitching on it, may leave holes. You might try stitching a small line... 1/4" length .straight.line.a on ithe jacket where it would be less noticeable. Remove the stitches and see if it left holes or not. I've had good luck with just laudering fabric to remove holes too.
Old 05-03-2024, 05:41 PM

I agree with laundering to remove the holes. If you can't launder it, try steam and/or a gentle brushing with a soft brush to get rid of the holes.