Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Machine Embroidery
Software for manipulating fonts >

Software for manipulating fonts

Software for manipulating fonts

Old 11-09-2022, 09:35 AM

Default Software for manipulating fonts

Hi All.......I'm new to embroidery and have a Bernina 765 that I'm learning on. Emphasis on LEARNING. I purchased a couple of fonts thinking I'd be able to use them like the preloaded fonts in my machine only to find that I literally have to bring them in to the design one letter at a time. Is there software out there that would allow me to maneuver separately purchased fonts into a design and then use it from a USB stick in my module? I'm so bummed thinking I won't be able to use these fonts! Thanks in advance for any advice you can give.
Old 11-09-2022, 10:01 AM
Administrator

i use embrilliance software.
i like the fact that you can buy it in modules instead of plunking down a huge pile of money all at once.

https://embrilliance.com/
Old 11-09-2022, 06:43 PM

I see that the Bernina 765 is a special edition which is no longer available. On the Bernina website it said when I looked up manuals, it said to refer to the regular Bernina but there was not a 760 so I am not sure if it closer to a 770? Anyway, have you looked at your manual for the embroidery section? I know there is a lot of editing that can be done on screen from the software that is in my Bernina 590. Also, there is a free basic embroidery program on the Bernina website you can download but I can't remember if combining designs is in that program. There is also a downloadable free embroidery workbook that is located under the Learn & Create tab on the Bernina website. If you have a dealer who is knowledgeable about embroidery it would be worth a call. There is also a lot of YouTube Bernina videos on different topics. Title of the workbook is: (sorry about the big font, I couldn't figure out how to make it smaller)

"My BERNINA Embroidery Machines Mastery Workbook"

Old 11-09-2022, 07:06 PM

I did a bit more poking around in the Bernina website, Yes on a 770 you can add and combine designs on the screen. There are embedded videos if you view the workbook online. I don't know how your 765 is the same as the 770 except for the gold cover? Anyway, I did see where there was an upgrade you could purchase to turn the 765 or 770 into a 770 plus. Yep, if you have a dealer near you, ask questions. Good luck! I was amazed at all my 590 can do without additional software but I haven't really done much embroidery on it other than do a few exercises from the workbook and manual
Old 11-11-2022, 04:45 PM

I recently purchased SewWrite software to use on my older Bernette embroidery machine. It's very easy to use because the software works basically like Microsoft Word. You type the text you want, save it on a USB stick, then load it on the embroidery machine. At only $40 it was well worth the money to simplify the process of making labels. There are many, many fonts to choose from and it's easy to change the text size. I love it. You can read more about it here:

https://www.sandscomputing.com/produ...ery-lettering/
Old 11-13-2022, 04:07 AM

If the fonts that you purchased have the option of the BX file extension then you can bring them in and use them in Embrilliance Express Free. This program allows you to type your fonts into the free program and is a basic program. If you want to spend some money you can purchase the Embrilliance Essentials program which allows you to do a bit more with BX files.
I have purchased fonts from Designs By Juju and she always offers her fonts with the option of the BX file extension. Apparently other designers do the same. Designs By Juju includes a text file with her fonts that will link you directly to the free Embrilliance Express program. If you need to find out how to use the free version have a look at this video on YouTube made by Designs By Juju https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E0yOg6OzIxI