Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
"The Quiltmakers Gift" >

"The Quiltmakers Gift"

"The Quiltmakers Gift"

Old 01-04-2011, 10:16 AM

I have a book, "Quilts From The Quiltmaker's Gift", but have not the one you mentioned. The instructions for the quilts are so well written with lots of pictures. I just dug it out yesterday and trying to decide which one to make. I have made two quilts from this book.
Originally Posted by Lynn Luker
Today I got this wonderful book from a dear friend. It has such a nice story and each page is beautifully illustrated. The inside cover has a huge picture puzzle, with 250 quilt patterns hidden in it. My friend is an elementary school librarian and it's one of her favorite read-alouds to the children. I can't wait to share it with my grandchildren. Has anyone else read it?
Old 01-04-2011, 10:50 AM

It's a sweet story. There is another in the series besides the pattern books, called the quiltmaker's journey.
Old 01-04-2011, 11:38 AM

Wonderful story and beautifully illustrated book.

There are also two companion books - "Quilts from the Quiltmaker's Gift" and "More Quilts from the Quiltmakers Gift." These books have detailed directions for making the quilts that were featured in the original book.
Old 01-04-2011, 12:43 PM
Power Poster

my granddaughter recieved a copy of that book about 5 years ago...and we do love it! there is a (sequel) and companion books ...the companion books are ...quilts from the quiltmakers gift and more quilts from the quiltmakers gift. the first one has 20 blocks/quilts from illistrations of the original story. the second book has 19 more of them...so there are 39 all together. we have all 4 books...i can't remember the second story book name right now...i know journey is in the title...anyway...there is a whole (society) out there working on QUILTMAKER'S GIFT projects!
a great story and a great project :thumbup: