Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread: "Quilters" do you fall in this category?

Lets see,
    I'm 45
    I do have a craft room (scrapbooking, quilting, and other crafts)
    I DON"T have that much invested in material (YET) :)
    BUT I am sure I do have that much or more (teheheeh) in supplies

I'll be 50 on Friday.
    I'm just getting into quilting.
    I do have a room dedicated to sewing.
    and the money? we won't go there! :)

I don't really fit in any of the categories.

That's me!

I'm the right age, exactly. Don't think I have that much invested in equipment. (My husband bought me a new machine; but, that's not what got me into quilting.) If you count the machine -- that I really don't use that much I'm around 1/2 that. Fabric -- I think I have more than the average since I started only about 4 years ago. I love the fabric & see lot's of things I want to make with particular lines. Thank goodness that I have it now that things have slowed down for us. I have lots to work with until the tide turns.

Linda

Just turned 66 last Sunday. I have 5 DMS...only 2 that I use regularly. I have an "almost" (17 in) long arm and 10 ft frame in a 9 X 15 room. It has an 8 X 5 walk-in closet that is my "sewing room"! My cutting board takes up 1/3 of the office. I'm not sure about the fabric, but there's a lot of it! Guess I fit the average pretty close...

Everything fits but the age :oops: :oops: :D

They are pretty close with me. Age and room and equip must's and fabric (whether I need it or not)!!

Blog Entries
    Well, I'm over the age, under on tools and fabrics. I only started this about a month ago. I'm still contained in the dining room. Now, I make jewelry. So ask me what my tools and stash amounts to -- and it has taken over a wall in the dining room and half of my bedroom! But I've been doing it for years.

Blog Entries
    Well I don't have that much fabric but still building. I'm way over the average in age almost by 20 yrs. Not very experience in this form of art either spent most of my life sewing for 4 girls and myself. Now I don't bother anymore they prefer "store boughten" so oken less work for me right
    Betty

Power Poster
    I'm a few year shy of the age but probably close if not over on the material, supplies and Yea I do have a quilting room but I keep a spare bed in there for my friend who comes over about once a month for the weekend.

It sure describes me except I don't have quite that much fabric

Nope that isn't me....

I'm 33 years old, I do have a sewing room, but I just created it so I can teach sewing to make money to buy food and gas. As for tools and fabric.....I have a nice collection, but I highly doubt that all together it would even come close to $1000 worth. I don't have any "fancy" fabrics, but I would love to one day have a few pretty ones to make some fancy quilts with.

Happy Sewing!

i'm a bit younger than the average,have just gotten started but expect i'll spend plenty of supplies and fabric over time.
    but hey, i still think its probably cheaper and healther than crack, meth, gambling, etc
    if i gotta have a "vice" this is a pretty nice one!

*The average age of quilter is 62 years old. Not yet!:wink:

*About 85 percent of quilters have a room dedicated to quilting activities at home. Oh yeah, the biggest room in the house!:lol:

*On average, a quilter will have $8500.00 worth of tools and supplies for quilting. Way more, but my longarm blew that out of the water! :thumbup:

*A quilter will also have $3700.00 invested in purchased fabric. More, I'm sure!:oops:

How did this happen? I have only been quilting for 2.5 years????? :shock:

pegged me exactly, scarry

Blog Entries
    I have 3/4 of a small bedroom, I'm 72, and I have a $250. sewing machine. If you put the price of my rulers' etc. plus the material I have , it wouldn't come to $500. so I guess I don't fit into any of those groups.

I'M SURE I FALL IN THAT CATEGORY ALSO, PROBABLY HAVE ALOT MORE

I am only 47 so I must be a "young" quilter. No, I do not have that $ amount of tool supplies yet. And I am thrifty when I buy them--I use coupons at JoAnns to buy my quilting supplies. I do not buy fabric except for each specific project I do--I probably would if $ weren't an issue. I did however invest in a Bernina QE440 last year and absolutely love it and know I will have it for a loooooong time. I also have it highly protected in my sewing room (which also serves as a spare bedroom, and storage room)--but it works so I don't have to move the sewing machine to a certain location to sew every time I want to sit and sew for a bit. I also work full time so don't have a lot of time to sew. And in summer, my perennial gardens get priority. Maybe by the time I reach the age of the average quilter, I will have my quilting tools and fabric stash like the average quilter!!!!!

Blog Entries
    well now if that doesn't hit it right on the mark, with the exception of an additional long arm that puts me over on the notions/machine part

What brands of long arms do you own and what is your favorite? It is my dream to get one someday (then I'll qualify for the tools $ amount!). I have been looking at some of them but it's not in my budget right now--waiting for a money tree!

What brands of long arms do you own and what is your favorite?

I have an Innova and absolutely LOVE it! If you are thinking about getting a longarm, check out Renae Haddadin's website at http://www.quiltsonthecorner.com/inc/sdetail/1349

You have to pretend to buy the article, but it's free and well worth the read.

Thank you for the information about Innova. That is actually one brand I haven't heard about yet so it will be fun to check it out.

Blog Entries
    Yep, that's me all over.

All that in 6 months! You better start adding on to your house now --you'll need it !! I have only been quilting 2 years but have been an avid sewer since I was 16. After the last clothing sewing project I did, which was to design and sew a flower girl dress to match the Bridal gown, I had had enough of sewing clothing and said "I am no longer making or altering clothing. I am making quilts--they don't have to fit anyone perfect when they are done!" And so it is..... I do envy those who have quilted for many years and talk about their overflowing fabric scraps--I love scrap quilts but can't really do much yet until I get more scraps. Someday.........

Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 ... LastLast