Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
15 waiting to be quilted...yikes! >

15 waiting to be quilted...yikes!

15 waiting to be quilted...yikes!

Old 09-15-2013, 01:37 PM

LOL that's why I finally broke down and hired a LAQ. However to do that I have to piece out of my stash so I have the $$$$ for her. I am 11 behind and just got the first 2 back ready for binding.
Old 09-15-2013, 03:22 PM

Originally Posted by ArlaJo View Post
LOL that's why I finally broke down and hired a LAQ. However to do that I have to piece out of my stash so I have the $$$$ for her. I am 11 behind and just got the first 2 back ready for binding.
This will probably be my solution as well.
Old 09-15-2013, 04:45 PM

I had 11 tops waiting to be quilted in January when I bought my LA. As of a few weeks ago, they are all finished!I've also pieced and quilted several others in that time. I love piecing tops, but long arming hasn't come easily to me, so I procrastinate. Lately I've started to accept that I'll never have the talent that so many LA quilters on this board have, but that's okay. I don't quilt for a living, just for fun.

I just finished piecing a top today, and I'm putting together the backing now. My goal is to at least get the backing loaded on the machine before I start working on anything else.
Old 09-15-2013, 04:56 PM
Power Poster

Not me !!! I totally finish one quilt before I start another. I have space for finished quilts but, not for UFOs.
Old 09-15-2013, 05:31 PM

I love to piece the quilt tops but it takes me a long time to finish one as I don't really have a lot of time available to quilt without interuption. Once I see the beauty of the completed design ( the design, not my work .... LOL ) I lose interest in that quilt. I do take it to the longarm to be quilted soon after it's been completed but it's often several months before I do the binding and that usually happens when I want to give a quilt as a gift. Soooo Jo C, you are not alone.
Old 09-15-2013, 07:26 PM

It is good to see that I am not the only one that loves to piece but not crazy about the quilting. I would love to find someone who would take some of the tops for quilting the others. Maybe someday that person will come along and I can continue to piece and not feel guilty about starting another project.
Old 09-15-2013, 07:35 PM

So glad to read this post. I too like the piecing part but don't care for the quilting part. I think I'm going to check into having someone else quilt them. There are a couple of places I know of here in town that do that part. I still call myself a quilter. haha
Old 09-16-2013, 06:11 AM

Get a few friends and just Tye all the ones you have ahead of you . . . .then do them one at a time! A lesson learned and REMEMBERED! !
Old 09-16-2013, 06:16 AM

So refreshing to read about UFOs . . . I know that I'm never alone.
thank you . . One and All! Have a great day! !
Old 09-16-2013, 06:24 AM

After reading this thread I went down and counted my pile. I have nine waiting all ready with batting cut, binding ready and ready to quilt. I send my big or good stuff out, but quilt my own for the grands or donation quilts. Like many of you I don't enjoy the quilting process nearly as much as piecing. Then I have to take a few days, bite the bullet and get them done. I do enjoy sitting and sewing binding in the evening, so I buck myself up with that thought.