Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
2013 Quilting Goals >

2013 Quilting Goals

2013 Quilting Goals

Old 12-29-2012, 07:04 AM

My #1 goal for 2013 will be to finish the gigantic King sized wedding quilt for Daughter and SIL (June is 2nd anniversary!) And get a pretty wall/baby crib size quilt DONE before the first Grand Child is born! Benefit of second quilt goal, it's not going to be giant sized! I also want to make some simple car-seat, stroller seat and shopping cart covers made. My daughter is a neat freak (I don't KNOW where she could have gotten that impulse!) and I think these items will help her tremendously!

And there is a possibility that my hubby and I will be completing the retirement process from my current job and moving to be closer to the Daughters family. so could be a VERY interesting year!

Best wishes to all, and this is my belief: "That the memories we have of the ones we have lost are the best medicine for that loss!"

Take care of yourselves and have a Happy New Year!
Old 12-29-2012, 07:09 AM

I thought of a few more goals. I have done many machine embroidery designs to use in quilts. One is of Alaskan themed items since my son was born there. I also have done many Oriental themed embroidery designs since my oldest daughter was born there. We were a military family so were blessed to travel. I really NEED to use them and get them into quilts before they are long forgotten. I just remembed I have twelve months of embroidery of Sun Bonnet Sue too and those are really pretty!!

I really do NOT need to spend a dime on anymore fabrics...except for maybe baking fabric and some batting for these.
Old 12-29-2012, 08:02 AM

This could be a long list for me, will keep the simple, realistic goals at the top: #1 Let all 6 of my quilt magazine subscriptions expire. Will save money and time. Have years of back issues that have barely looked at. #2 Take the two Craftsy classes that I have paid for. #3 Continue my fabric organization, have about 1/3 of my stash folded on boards now. #4 Improve my longarm skills The actual quilts and quilted projects list is quite long, I usually have 3 to work on to keep myself interested.
Blessings to all of you for health and joy in 2013.
Old 12-29-2012, 08:08 AM

I would like to make each of my grand kids a quilt (9) this year .... When they were born i made them each one..Now do I start oldest to youngest or youngest to oldest?
Old 12-29-2012, 09:44 AM

My quilting goals for 2013

Complete 2 late Christmas present quilts asap

Finish 1 UFO every month

Finish the vintage Grandmother's Flower Garden quilt I purchased years ago (need to make more blocks and attach exist loose blocks)

Join a small quilt group with our Quilt Guild

Discover ways to incorporate my completed needlepoint projects with quilting projects when possible
Old 12-29-2012, 10:30 AM

2013 is my year to finish some quilts that I have started. Beginning with baby quilt for new greatgrand baby due
in March,don't know what it will be yet. My 2 nephews' western quilts, several sampler quilts that have the blocks
done, just needs put together and quilted. My friends and I decided not to do the 1st Sat.Sampler at our LQS this
year and just finish some quilts. So I will join you in 2013 and make my list and post it on the fridge and see
how many I can get done.
Old 12-29-2012, 10:38 AM

This year I worked on my piecing skills. I am really pleased with the piecing progress I made. My objectives for 2013 are:

1. Learn and work on applique and paper piecing techniques.
2. Practice my hand quilting skills and finish at least one hand quilted project to enter into the County Fair in July.
3. Finish my challenge project during the first quarter -- No more last minute issues.
4. Work on and finish projects for the Holidays before August.
5. Join at least one Mystery Quilt.

I am pleased to say that my fabric purchases for 2012 were down substantially. Most 2012 projects were made from existing stash, with purchases of filler colors and/or fabrics to finish projects; plus a few replacement purchases to keep my stash viable and functioning. That's my story and I am sticking to it.
Old 12-29-2012, 04:39 PM

I have a Lone Star quilt that I want to finish this year, just needs quilting. I want to bind the chest full of quilts I have waiting on me, and I want to learn how to be a very good quilter. Got my new machine and can crank out lots of quilts to keep me busy, so those are my goals.
Old 12-29-2012, 05:19 PM

Okay I am in for 2013...maybe putting my goals on here will make me adhere to them

1) Finish one UFO a month...I have so many in various stages of completion!
2) Start and finish a BOM I bought last year...and never started.
3) I learned how to paper piece last year and would like to continue practicing and finish a flying geese quilt I started.
4) Really cut back on my fabric for stash purchases...my stash is pretty decent. This one is a hard one to do since I am only an hour from Lancaster, PA!!
5) Learn one new technique this year.....I am intrigued by wool felt, crazy quilts and hand applique
Old 12-29-2012, 05:24 PM

To do 12 charity quilts (at least) for church
To do my first BOM
To do a redwork quilt