Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 20 of 23 FirstFirst ... 10 19 20 21 ... LastLast

Thread: 2013 UFO Therapy Thread - Sister Thread to 2013 UFO Challenge of the Month

Beautiful job, Fraew and kaelynangelfoot. And I agree the first one is perfect for a seven y/o!
    And the purple one is perfect for me. Lol!

Kaelynangelfoot: Love the color and the pattern on your finish. Your FM looks great, glad that you came out feeling encouraged inspite of the problems. More than anything with FM I find that I am less tense about the process, hope that happens to you.

Blog Entries
    Love both the quilts. The pink one speaks to me and the purple is too cute. Kaely, your FMQ looks great. The floral pattern fills in the open spaces nicely.

Kaelyn--cute cat quilt, nice FMQing....I am just starting to practice.

Here is what I've been working on today...PT has me limited to 1hr a day sewing so it is hard to get a lot done.

Quilting propellers on airplane quilt (might actually get this finished this month!) I have one border left to add and then binding.

A QB friend sent me this phone fabric. DH works for an independent telephone company...it was perfect to make him an armrest cover/remote and earbud holder. I just have the binding left. I have some more green and also blue telephones and plan to make him a quilt some day too.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Blog Entries
    Fabulous work girls! Keep it going.
    Fraew

"I don't buy vintage quilts. By the time I finish the quilts I've started they've already become antiques." ~ Mark Lipinski
    Link to my albums: http://www.quiltingboard.com/members...85-albums.html

Blog Entries
    Ditto here, nice work. Keep it up, you are almost done with them! Yipppeeeeeeeeee
    Life is short, live it while you still can. QuilterMomma

Fraew... I just brought an old snowball/9 patch UFO to flimsy stage too. One of my favorite block combinations for sure!

Ladies those really are pretty!!
    SheriR~

~If you can't turn the corners of your mouth up...let the middle sag!~

"Be not afraid, only believe."

Blog Entries
    Lovely asimplelife!
    Fraew

"I don't buy vintage quilts. By the time I finish the quilts I've started they've already become antiques." ~ Mark Lipinski

I've got 2 UFOs on my design wall in assembly stage this week... the larger one has been stalled out since last winter when I finished the last few blocks and started sewing them together. A few blocks were really wonky and I ended up taking them apart and re-sewing them... then I struggled finding an inner border fabric (the spring green on the corner of my cutting table) and last but not least I found a block in the middle of the assembled section where I'd flipped the background fabric backwards.

I'm determined this time around to get it assembled and mailed out for quilting! Each side has one row of blocks that aren't on the wall and there is a corner stone single block in each corner. I'll post a pic when it is a flimsy.

The smaller quilt will be going to Project Linus, I added another row of blocks and it will have a black & white border. I've been using it as a leader/ender project.

Blog Entries
    I must say asimplelife, you are doing well. Always good to see production moving along. Now come finish my last ones I have on my list.

Blog Entries
    I actually decided to go back and list my projects again to see how many UFOs I had left and what I pulled fabric and such to do, WIPs. Well the count is:
    UFOs = 10
    WIPs = 26
    Yep, that is fabric, pattern, materials, and thread all for projects waiting to be worked on. that does not include my scraps that need used up. Well, I will be at it for awhile. Maybe next year do the quest again. Not!

Blog Entries
    I don't want to list mine but I have gone through the basket that has some in them and sorting out what I need to finish them. Hopefully you will see a few of them finished!
    Don't worry spider.
    I keep house
    casually.
    ---Basho
    I donate quilts to the AAQI.

I just discovered this thread a couple of days ago...... it's what I've been needing.... therapy to get these UFOs done. I know I won't be able to do one a month but I figure just plugging along, getting them done is good enough for me. But I'm a little excited this time.... started this quilt 6 years ago when I bought the pattern and made 1 block. Then, I moved. It got set aside. Other projects seemed more important but I always had it back in my head..... gotta get that quilt finished 'cause it's for ME and I like it. Anyway, it will take me a little longer to get a backing figured out and sewn together. Then, there's the quilting and binding. So, I can't show it off on the UFO thread yet. .... and I almost forgot, Gus (my dog) wouldn't let me take a picture without him in it.
    --- Jean

I'd rather spend money on my quilting hobby than the therapist.... I'm probably $$$ ahead.... and I'm happy!!

Blog Entries
    Welcome nanna-up-north! I LOVE it.

I have the perfect backing fabric for it but alas. . It's just so cute, I keep going back to look at your picture again and again.
    Fraew

Blog Entries
    I like that nanna, it looks so cozy. Glad you finished it and love that outer border. What a great way to use those fabric pieces up. And that poor boy just wants to lay on your wonderful work.

Thanks Fraew and QM. I'm still trying to decide what fabric to use for the back. I'd been collecting oriental fabric for this quilt for quite a while but only had small pieces. ... just enough for the piano key border. I may have to go fabric shopping...... oh no!
    --- Jean

I'd rather spend money on my quilting hobby than the therapist.... I'm probably $$$ ahead.... and I'm happy!!

I had to dig deep to find this thread!

I've been using this UFO as my leader/ender project this month. I'm interested in feedback as to the different layouts in my picture... while I like them both I have a definite favorite but I'm curious what other quilters think. Which one is your favorite and why? Thanks!

Asimpleife: First, love the colors. My favorite is B, its kind of hard to believe it is the same set of blocks. B has a stonger visual impact with more and larger areas of contrast.

Well, I like the one on the left the best..... just makes my eye settle.... at peace. But both are lovely.
    --- Jean

asimplelife--I like both arrangements of blocks. Initially I was thinking "B" because of the contrast, but I think "A" would be my finial choice since it blends together so well...I guess you'll just have to decide if you want defined lines or not.

I last week I got 3 table runners quilted and binding on. So working on sewing binding down now.

I like "A" the best.

I always like when quilters are asked for their opinons. There is always a full range of answers. For me B spoke so strongly to me the answer was "obvious". LOL

Thanks so much for the feedback everyone! I am drawn to A too which is odd because I normally go for a diagonal secondary pattern every time.

Layout B really plays on value - which I really needed to pay more attention to in my construction as several of these blocks are too muddled. When I look at B too long all I see are the blocks I'd need to take out! But I love the "argyle" effect.

So for this set of blocks it will be A - but I want to try B in the future. Good thing I've got bins of 5" charms ready to play with!

Blog Entries
    Sometimes I think how we like an arrangement is related to how our brains think. Personally I think very symmetrically--everything evenly balanced and am drawn to those kind of settings. I tend to "see" that balance in my quilting. I work have to work hard to get out of that box. I like "B" because of it's symmetrical balance. Good thing you've got some charms to play with!
    Don't worry spider.
    I keep house
    casually.
    ---Basho
    I donate quilts to the AAQI.

Page 20 of 23 FirstFirst ... 10 19 20 21 ... LastLast