Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
2013 UFO Therapy Thread - Sister Thread to 2013 UFO Challenge of the Month >

2013 UFO Therapy Thread - Sister Thread to 2013 UFO Challenge of the Month

2013 UFO Therapy Thread - Sister Thread to 2013 UFO Challenge of the Month

Old 04-17-2013, 12:07 PM

OMG so glad I posted this.. I just noticed the humility block in the lower left corner...

Hello seam ripper!
Old 04-17-2013, 12:45 PM
Kel

I think this is a good place for me. What do I have to do to take part? UFO's, PIG's, and all the likes....I have so many idea's so little time... I'm always thinking 2 steps ahead of my self, and I'm stitching 3 steps behind.
Currently working on a wedding quilt for DD. I'm stuck on making the back. (and I haven't finished the front yet...Still have to put on the boarders) Want to do a pachwork for the back, but everytime I go to start cutting fabric I FREEZE. I have calulated all my measurements, but! My head says, Do I have enough fabric, what if I make a calulation error, cutting error....Oh! My! I guess I will quiet my stitching demons and just start. thanks for the E ear.
Old 04-17-2013, 01:36 PM

Welcome Kel!!! This thread is for talkin' about what UFO ya are doin' right now. Just like ya just did. It helps so much when ya talk about it & git past whatever is slowin' ya down.
This one is for postin' our finishes.
http://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltin...h-t209986.html
Old 04-17-2013, 03:14 PM

Kaelyn: Really, really like your top! The blue with the inset blocks will really pull the design together and kind of ground it. Can't wait to see the picture.
Old 04-17-2013, 03:17 PM

Kaelyn: Did not see your "humility" block, love the name. Thats why I always ask someone to take a look because I seem to be blind to a misplaced block.
Old 04-17-2013, 04:39 PM

Still unhappy with my diagonal strip blocks so I put them away for now and started quilting DDs blue and green carpenters wheel quilt. Got the SID for the main portion done and decided to get adventurous and do a bit of embellishment in the background blocks around the star and the wheel. Nothing fancy - not that adventurous yet - but I'm liking the darker blue diamonds on the pale blue background. Will post pic when I get done with the diamonds. Then to figure out what to do on the borders.
Old 04-17-2013, 04:45 PM

Originally Posted by mom-6 View Post
Still unhappy with my diagonal strip blocks so I put them away for now and started quilting DDs blue and green carpenters wheel quilt. Got the SID for the main portion done and decided to get adventurous and do a bit of embellishment in the background blocks around the star and the wheel. Nothing fancy - not that adventurous yet - but I'm liking the darker blue diamonds on the pale blue background. Will post pic when I get done with the diamonds. Then to figure out what to do on the borders.
I love carpenter's wheels, can't wait to see a photo

Kaelyn: Did not see your "humility" block, love the name. Thats why I always ask someone to take a look because I seem to be blind to a misplaced block.
I didn't even see it until I looked at the picture. I think my new rule will be to leave it up on my design wall for a day or two, just in case I missed something. Thanks for the encouragement! I will be going out to pick up some more blue for the border tomorrow.
Old 04-17-2013, 05:38 PM

Lets see if the picture of progress so far will come out.
Attached Thumbnails image.jpg  
Old 04-17-2013, 05:39 PM

Lots of room for improvement, but I'm excited to have ventured this far.
Old 04-17-2013, 05:47 PM

Kaelyn--looking good! I think a blue border will be a good choice. I too often don't see things wrong in my projects until I take a picture.

Looking forward to seeing pictures of others current progress.

My April UFO is coming along. The quilting in the blocks is done. I need to add borders and bind...should be able to finish up this week. Then I will be working on a quilt for a friend of DH's...the friend is a pilot so I am pp'ing some airplanes and alternating with 4-patch blocks (these are done)...then a narrow border and a border of "propeller" blocks. It will be time consuming, but will be much appreciated when finished.