Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
2013 UFO Therapy Thread - Sister Thread to 2013 UFO Challenge of the Month >

2013 UFO Therapy Thread - Sister Thread to 2013 UFO Challenge of the Month

2013 UFO Therapy Thread - Sister Thread to 2013 UFO Challenge of the Month

Old 08-17-2013, 04:14 PM

[ATTACH=CONFIG]430792[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]430793[/ATTACH]
One more flimsy down! Colors courtesy of my 5 year old (orange, green and purple). Makes me think of Halloween so that's what I chose for the back. Another satisfied customer.
Attached Thumbnails image.jpg   image.jpg  
Old 08-17-2013, 04:23 PM

Fraew--great job getting this quilt finished.
Old 08-17-2013, 09:58 PM

Thanks carriem!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]430822[/ATTACH]
Another flimsy completed today. Wahoo! The selvage for this one says 2005. What can I say. Sometimes I just buy stuff because I like it and then can't decide what to do with it. Forever! You can see how simple this one is. Why on earth did it take so long to commit to it?!? Hope you all are having a fabulous quilty weekend.
Attached Thumbnails image.jpg  
Old 08-18-2013, 07:01 AM

I love this stuff but I'm totally intimidated. I tried so hard to do the challenge but dipped out about May!
Of course if you discount the UFOs given by others, the technically impossible to finish, the discoloured fabric projects and the ran out of fabric misfits - I don't have any UFOs! I wish...........
Old 08-18-2013, 07:27 AM

Come on back Jacki. That's we have this sister thread...to show our progress and cheer each other on to get them really finished for the challenge. You can do it. If you need help, we'll be here.
Old 08-23-2013, 07:27 PM

Hopping on board ... I'm going out of state in mid-September and decided I wanted to finish my "worst" UFO before I left since it's supposed to go to a niece that I'll be seeing while I'm gone. I call it my "worst" because it was pieced on two different machines so the seam allowances were different, which required lots of fudging to get sewn together. I started it at least 15 years ago and let's just say I can certainly see my quilting skills have improved in that time ... I pressed most of the seams open, but not all, so seams don't nest property, some of the seams had started to pop open ... I am having to take the attitude that done is better than perfect on this one or it would never get done!

Anyway, the top is done. The back is mostly pieced ... tomorrow I'll measure it and see how wide the borders have to be, attach those, and then it's off to the longarm lady with it.
Old 08-23-2013, 08:11 PM

DDu: You have my sympathy. I am dealing with exactly the same issues. I know if I started the UFO I am working on today I could make a much better job of it. Yet another reason not to have UFOs.
Old 08-24-2013, 04:17 AM

Welcome to the group DDu
Old 08-24-2013, 06:17 AM

Originally Posted by Emma S View Post
DDu: You have my sympathy. I am dealing with exactly the same issues. I know if I started the UFO I am working on today I could make a much better job of it. Yet another reason not to have UFOs.
Good luck with your project, Emma. I keep telling myself that once it's quilted, no one will be able to see the unattractive mess on the back (and when did I become so anal about this issue, anyway?) And I know the person I'm giving it to will appreciate both the quilt and the sentiment behind the gift so I keep plugging away.
Old 08-25-2013, 04:35 AM

After measuring both the top and the intended back, I realized I would have to add REALLY wide borders onto the back's sides in order to make it fit -- one of my least favorite quilting tasks. So there has been a slight change in plans -- a wide backing has been ordered for the top from Connecting Threads, and what was intended to be the back is now a quilt top in its own right, and will be donated to a local charity. I'm having lunch on Friday with a couple of friends who are active in the charity, we will have some of the best barbeque in the area, and I can hand it off at that time.

Since today is Sunday, it is my designated day to work on my Postage Stamp blocks. I will also do my half hour of cutting -- still working on accumulating the 676 five inch squares I need for the backing for yet another UFO. Feels great to see that progress is being made.