Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
2014 Quilting Resolutions? >

2014 Quilting Resolutions?

2014 Quilting Resolutions?

Old 12-24-2013, 06:36 PM

I think mine would be to use the fabric I bought in 2013 as much as possible
Old 12-24-2013, 06:40 PM

My sewing room is filled with kits that I have made up over the past year. I have boxes and boxes of those kits. My goal for 2014 is to make at least 2 of those kits into quilts each month. I am constantly signing up for Craftsy courses. My goal is to complete one of those courses each month. I also want to practice FMQ more often. I think 2014 will be a fun quilting year for me.
Old 12-24-2013, 08:47 PM

work on my FMQ skills
finish at least 2 UFO's
Old 12-24-2013, 09:34 PM

Practice my FMQing. Complete a quilt for my brother, sister, a tee shirt quilt and then do a friends' quilt. Then I can tackle 4 - mystery quilts I want to do. Then make a few scrap quilts. Plus, complete the tops of the several quilt tops from QB swaps I've signed up for recently. Finally I want to learn and master my EQ-7 program by going through all 23 lessons from the QB last year (I think). Is that too much to tackle in one year? I'll give it my best try. Oh I forgot, to organize my sewing room so I have room to sew and quilt. Happy holidays and happy sewing.
Old 12-25-2013, 04:21 AM

Try, again, to finish my UFO's before I start another quilt. And to try to get over the hang-up I have about using my fat quarters collection. I don't want to cut them up, 'cause if I do I might find a pattern that I would have liked better to have used them for. I know, dumb
Old 12-25-2013, 06:01 AM

I want (NEED) to clean up my sewing/quilting studio. I just cannot seem to put things away. I set it down to take care of later and that never happens. That is enough of a challenge. I'm doing really good not buying any new fabric this year using up what I have which is still too much.
Old 12-25-2013, 03:06 PM

Nammie to 7: Missouri Star Quilt Company has a mitered binding tutorial called The Ultimate Quilt Binding tutorial. I used it to learn how to make mitered corners. I just watched a little of it now and realized I miss a step when I do them that would make the corners even better.

My goals are to make 4 more quilt tops from my MILs stash for her unmarried grandchildren as her dementia prevents her from doing them. Then I can give the tops to another family member so she can get someone to finish them. Also, I plan to make 20 bags for Sadie's Dream for a Cure to reduce my stash along with sewing for 2 charity groups.

Thankfully I am retired but I need to put 'stay at home' dates on my calendar.

Merry Christmas everyone!

Connie
Old 12-25-2013, 04:06 PM

Originally Posted by retiredteacher09 View Post
Nammie to 7: Missouri Star Quilt Company has a mitered binding tutorial called The Ultimate Quilt Binding tutorial. I used it to learn how to make mitered corners. I just watched a little of it now and realized I miss a step when I do them that would make the corners even better.

My goals are to make 4 more quilt tops from my MILs stash for her unmarried grandchildren as her dementia prevents her from doing them. Then I can give the tops to another family member so she can get someone to finish them. Also, I plan to make 20 bags for Sadie's Dream for a Cure to reduce my stash along with sewing for 2 charity groups.

Thankfully I am retired but I need to put 'stay at home' dates on my calendar.

Merry Christmas everyone!

Connie
I would like to be more giving. I have heard of Project Linus. What is Sadie's Dream? What are some other charities you can quilt items for? Thanks
Old 12-25-2013, 04:47 PM

Oh dear! Same as last year's: 2013 HouseDragon's Year to Finish UFOs. Of course, it will be renamed: 2014 HouseDragon's Year to Finish UFOs.

I did finish two more tops last year ... did I mention I'm not the fastest quiltmaker on the planet? However, with relative little effort I'll have fourteen tops to sandwich and quilt. Finding TIME is the problem ... maybe I need to add "NO!" to my vocabulary.

My second resolution is start seriously practicing FMQ-ing so I can completely finish those fourteen tops on my own. I'd like to "custom" quilt each top.

I do have one "masterpiece" Log Cabin flimsy with over 140 light/dark pink fabrics (I stopped counting) which I'll send to a longarmer for real custom quilting.
Old 12-25-2013, 04:52 PM

I want to learn how to appliqué.