Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
2014 Quilting Resolutions? >

2014 Quilting Resolutions?

2014 Quilting Resolutions?

Old 12-24-2013, 12:02 PM
Power Poster

they all sound good to me, maybe I can join you. hopefully.
Old 12-24-2013, 01:02 PM

My goal for 2014 is to finish the king size quilt I have been hand quilting for the last 3 years. I challenged myself to hand quilt a big one and I have decided that I won't do that again. I love hand quilting, just not such a big one.
Old 12-24-2013, 01:17 PM

I have only one resolution for next year.

I've been happily busy with customers' quilts while my quilt tops hang nicely on the rod behind me.

So next year I'm going to schedule my tops in between customers' tops ... as long as there are no rush deadlines to meet. Hey! I may even pay myself when I'm done!

Let's all come back and see if we accomplish our goals!

Nan - IN
Old 12-24-2013, 03:56 PM

I want to practice FMQ so I can do better on my quilts. But just the opposite of that, I want to do more hand quilting. I started out hand quilting and now I want to get back to it. Those are my two.

Finishing my UFO's would also be nice... but let's be realistic, I don't think that will happen. :-))
Old 12-24-2013, 04:11 PM

This is sort of a reverse resolution: I resolve to give myself permission to send quilts to a LA'er instead of first procrastinating and then dreading and finally never being happy with my own quilting. Why spend all that time and money on a quilt and then be frustrated by the quilting.

I resolve to take some classes. I really do, and I resolve to not let perceived work or family obligations intrude on some very much needed ME time.

I resolve to take compliments gracefully and and just say Thank You instead of pointing out that it could have been done better.

Okay I think that's enough for one year.
Old 12-24-2013, 04:25 PM

My 2014 goals: to finish all WIPs and UFOs BEFORE I start any new projects. HA....let's see how long this resolution lasts! LOL

Anita
Old 12-24-2013, 04:58 PM

I want to make quilts for me and for fun. No obligations to make for others.

i want to buy a used LAQ machine and learn to use it.
Old 12-24-2013, 05:21 PM

Other than finish as many UFOs as feasible, my main goal is to reorganize my studio. It has become clutter central and not as much fun to play in any more.
Old 12-24-2013, 05:21 PM

All of the above. haha

Seriously, I think my inner brat just will not let me make a resolution and keep it. She is a thoroughly rebellious little girl and can make my life miserable. My response to her, in the coming year, is to pick a UFO (any of about 40) and finish them, one at a time. Some only need binding, some need the blocks put together, some have had only a few seams sewn before something new and more interesting came between me and them. My long arm sits there idle while several quilts long to merge with their battings and backings and be beautiful. I have all the tools but my inner brat keeps bringing me new things to work on. She has to be banished! Anyone got any ideas?

I started quilting several years ago with the lofty goal to quilt something for each of my grandchildren. I've only managed 2 out of 8. Not a good average and now I've got some weddings coming up, some graduations I want to honor with a quilt and several quilts promised to other people that are important to me. And a new Judy Niemeyer kit, Bali Wedding Star that is calling my name. I'm going to have to name my inner brat just so I can tell her to get LOST! Leave me alone!

Part of my problem is I don't won't to make a quilt I don't love, and if I love it, I'm not sure I can give it away. If I never finish them, then I never have to make the decision of who gets what and where it will go. How do you overcome this? Am I just to darn selfish? Probably so. I shall pray for God to help me let go and trust that someone else will love my quilt as much as I love it.

Oh, and there are several quilting groups on this board that I want to join.... 50 state stars, the Spikey blocks, the medallion club. Does it ever end?

Merry Christmas to all....... I'm off to the sewing room!

Last edited by Barb in Louisiana; 12-24-2013 at 05:27 PM.
Old 12-24-2013, 05:32 PM

To simplify my expectations to my current skill and finish a few quilts myself rather than wait until I think I won't ruin the top with bad quilting.