Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: 50.00 featherweight was still there

Beautiful machine.....add my name to the green list.

Ugh, I never find deals like that...happy for you though!!!

Jenna

congratulations on a good buy. be sure to give her some oil before you sew. she might be thirsty from sitting so long. in the back of the book there is a place that tells you where to put the oil. there are a lot of places, so be patient while you do this,. also lay her on her back and unscrew the big nut on the bottom. this will expose the big cog. if the grease is dark, and not transparent, it is best to take her in and have that grease removed and new put on it. if you have a talented mechanic, he may know how to use a brush and solvent, and remove the grease, and then apply new grease. it isn't hard to do. i have a metal handled brush, and i put a cloth down to absorb the runoff, and then i let it air dry for an hour, after wiping it down, then reapply the grease generously. hand crank it for a few turns before you run it. hope this hepls.

Wow, you ar sooooooo lucky!

Enjoy!

It you put some bounce sheets in your case that will help, i would also let it sit out in the sun for a while. I keep the bounce sheets in my case all the time

When I got my FW about five months ago the case was very musty smelling as well. I lined the bottom with a couple of bounce sheets. I also had saved some of the little packages that come in shoes and other items that we buy. I'm told they are to keep things dry. I am not sure why I thought I needed to save them but I am glad that I did. But I put a couple of them in the case as well. The musty smell is pretty much gone.

Congrats!!!!!!!! A small dish of kitty litter in the case will take care of that musty smell for you. Its a beauty.

I found mine in a antique shop here in my little town, and i was very very happy to find one. but it did cost me more than $45.00. It cost me $189.00 which i believe it is still a good buy. So I am happy for you. Happy sewing I'll post pictures when i get it.

Blog Entries
    C * O * N * G * R * A * T * U * L * A * T * I * O * N * S

I guess i am strange I have a white one and never use it. To darn small for me. It just sits in a case inside an old sewing machine cabinet. I also have a Baby Lock Quilters Pro that I have never used. Shame on me. I am stuck on Viking.

WOW!! Would love to find one like that. What a deal.. Looks like never used. Soooo happy for you.

Blog Entries
    WOW, you really did good girl. It likes like it's never been used and you're going to just love it. I've had mine for a few weeks and it's the best little machine I've ever owned, even after the problems in the beginning.

Blog Entries
    Forgot to mention that you can put fabric softener sheets in the case and close it and change when needed. Mine smelled like it had been in a barn but the sheets are helping. I also stuck it out in the sun for a few days.

Blog Entries
    Lucky you My mother paid 130 for hers

you lucky person, you. Congrats.

Congratulations!! It looks brand new!

congrats!!! I'm still looking for one
    1 maybe you could pray for me too!

Great deal - what a beauty

Senior Member quilting librarian's Avatar
    Woo hoo! Lucky you! What a score!

Really great you got it. It would be interesting to learn how old it is. I have now got 6 feather weights -- had a 1950's growing up. Have one purchased at a recent sale that I now discovered was from England. Your's is adorable, wonder when it was produced -- seems from my machine from England, it must be from the USA

When I got my featherweight the case smelled musty too, I was told to put in a handful of dryer sheets and let it closed for about a week, then take them out and put the case in strong sun for a couple days. It worked for mine. congratulations on getting this little jewel. They are rare and you found real bargain.

Boy what a find!! You are so lucky to get a white featherweight machine. In Northern Minnesota where I live you pay A LOT MORE.
    Happy Sewing!!
    Katlady

quilter41 I sent you a PM (Private Message)

So glad you were lucky, I have been trading some of my stuff for sewing machines but the only bad thing is I cannot find a book or instructions to any of them. Have been on line over and hour looking for a manual for New Home Designs machine by Janome Manufacturing company and can't find anything. I asked where the model number would be on it as I have looked it over and found nothing but a 951 on it but no manuals and none of the machines looks like this one neither. I am so proud you have that beauty. I hope I run across something like that before long.

I was telling my quilting bee about you and your machine this morning. They will love it when I tell them you got it for only 45 dollars. We all would love a Featherweight. Sure wish I could happen on to one like you did. Just don't see it happening. But guess I can always dream. So glad you got yours .

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 ... LastLast