Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: 50.00 featherweight was still there

Wow what a wonderful find. Great item, thank goodness you son found it.

She is so pretty. Have fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Nana2Sew
    What a find.....it looks brand new. You will love to sew with it. I have the black 221. I read, to put a bar of safeguard soap in the case to help with the musty smell.
    To help protect the bed that folds up, I made a slip on cover for it.
    Enjoy.....
    will that safegaurd soap work on all musty stuff i would like to try some in my christmas decorations.

Sweet!

What a beautiful machine! Almost pristine condition. That is one great find.

Amazing!!! congrats, she is beautiful!!! You will enjoy, they stitch beautifully, $45.00? Really???? What a prize...

First of all, congratulations!!! I realize that is a totally awesome deal so I have a question.....how much is the most someone should pay for a featherweight?? I'm findng them on Ebay at over 2 & 300.00

Wow so happy for you! What a treasure.

CONGRATULATIONS

SHE IS BEAUTIFUL

Quote Originally Posted by Nona
    You got the million dollar jackpot. Clue...it threads outside to inside...Send pictures of your first project. You'll be dragging this machine around for years. You owe your son a big hug!!
    The needle threads from right to left, not left to right. It won't pick up the bobbin thread or make a stitch. I service FWs as a business.
    Sharon
    221 Featherweight TLC

Wow !!! You got a treasure !! Enjoy !!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Happy Tails
    First of all, congratulations!!! I realize that is a totally awesome deal so I have a question.....how much is the most someone should pay for a featherweight?? I'm findng them on Ebay at over 2 & 300.00
    Featherweight price depends a lot on condition and where you live, plus whether it comes with a case, manual, attachments. Where I am, the typical run-of-the-mill featherweight sells for about $300. The one pictured, because of its condition and rarer style, would probably be put up for sale for $400 or more.

In some parts of the country they can be found at garage sales, etc. for $50-100 but that is becoming increasingly rare as more and more people realize their value.

Quote Originally Posted by Nzm
    so happy for you - I bought one similar at a rummage sale, but it needs a tune up which is going to cost a few bucks from what the dealer in AZ tells me - like close to $100.. but Im anxious to get it fixed too.. good luck with yours and enjoy
    Just have to say I have a friend that provides an excellent workshop (under $100) in Casa Grande, AZ on how to service and maintain Featherweights. Their website is www.featherweight221.com. Dave McCallum not only conducts the workshops, he has written a book AND has available a DVD that is far superior than anything out their on Featherweights. Take a look at the website.

Thank you so much for letting us know what happened. All weekend I was wondering if you would get it. It is a beautiful machine and I know you will love sewing on it. They just purr! I have a 221 black model and would love to find one like yours. Enjoy!!

Lucky you, I love mine

Power Poster
    Wow!! That looks great.

Add me to the list of people who are green with envy :mrgreen:

Seriously, though, congratulations :thumbup: It looks like it's in great condition. I think your son deserves his favorite home cooked meal :D

I've heard that if you put a dryer sheet in the case that will help with the musty smell. Worth a try.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Have fun with your new toy. God bless.

Quote Originally Posted by Jere
    I've heard that if you put a dryer sheet in the case that will help with the musty smell. Worth a try.
    You could also put it outside in the sun to get rid of the smell.

Super Member Chigger Holler Quilter's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I hope you know how blessed you are! She looks like she's in immaculate condition....what a treasure! Very happy for you!!! :)

I am :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: , but suggest sprinkling some Baking SODA in the case, closing the top and letting it sit for a day or so. Then dump the soda, vacuum out the residue. Do not use anything moist. This should remove the musty odor. You are so-o-o-o-o-o lucky, girl!!!!

As far as getting rid of odors musty or whatever, the best thing we have tried is cat litter. We had a freezer too go out one time and the fish left a terrible odor and I mean bad but we got the freezer fixed, washed it out good and let it dry out in the sun and the smell was still there so someone told us too put cat litter in it and I did even though I didn't believe that cat litter could help that smell but it did. Also we had some water leaks under my sinks and after they dried I had a musty smell and I put cat litter under there too and the odor was gone after a few days. Won't hurt too try cat litter as long as it is just the case and not the machine.

She's a real beauty. Have you given her a name yet? Enjoy!

It looks brand new! They must have thought it was a toy! Congratulations! Enjoy - I am envious.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 LastLast