Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: 5D Embroidery Software

5D Embroidery Software

Do any of you use the 5D Embroidery software? I am thinking about purchasing it to use with my Topaz 30. Any and all reviews would be appreciated.

Lucy

The first year it was out I was told by a teacher at a LQS that I couldn't embroider without it! I checked the price and found I could indeed do without it. I know it is supposed to be better but I don't embroider that often to justify such an outlay and the 4D came with my machine.
    Have fun quilting! If it isn't fun, you will miss a lot.
    ali

I have it and it is really great!

You don't say if you have any other software...I have 4d and have used 3d and 5d and now 6d is out! There are differences and improvements in each version, but not enough for me to upgrade right now unless the new version does the dishes for me while I sew! I use my friends 5d when I am at her house (have to have the dongle, don't lose it!) and 4d at mine. They are just different enough to make me have to think when I am in the program. I love it, but other programs will do the same for a lot less...Lots of folks here use Embird and you can add on different features as you need them instead of the initial outlay of big bucks.

I have the 5D and love it. I use my Ruby to not only embroider, but to quilt as well. I am able to digitalize patterns that look like FMq

Blog Entries
    I have 4D and use it all the time

I began with 3D, then upgraded to 4d, then 5d. It is the only emb software I have ever used and I have been very happy with it. Michelle
    Michelle Guadarrama

Blog Entries
    I am lucky to have 4 D professional, after 3D...............I still haven't learned all of the features........calla