Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: 9 patch

I have used the template for a twister and it turned out so cute. I also have a free pattern given out at one of our local quilt shops using charm squares that would be cute, although you use another fabric in the sashing. I will try to download the photo for you.Name:  9 patch switch pg 1.jpeg
Views: 176
Size:  355.1 KB

What about setting your nine patches on point. This would make the block look different too. Also fussy cut the center block with a flower or other design in you colors. Just some quick ideas. Good luck with your final decision.

Blog Entries
    Maybe you could put them on point with either a dark or light background, whichever helps the blocks stand out a bit more!
    Debbie Dresser

I really like this - I have some orphan 9p blocks that just might end up in a quilt like this

There are some really good ideas on here.
    Another Phyllis
    This life is the only one you get - enjoy it before you lose it.

I'm sure that you have some good solutions here. Alternate with another pattern and you have a totally different quilt. 9-patches are great to work with, but are boring if left by themselve. Use some pinwheels or other pattern of your choice to snazz up the quilt.
    Sharon (Gypsylady)

Oooh, I LIKE that idea!

Boy, is your mom lucky! I LOVE the Irish Chain block (uses standard 9-patch alternating with a neutral solid block) OR, more interestingly put together, the double Irish Chain (a 3 fabrics 25-patch). You can see the single, double, and triple Irish Chain variations here (http://www.quilt.com/Blocks/IrishChain/IrishChain.html). I think the suggestion of introducing some pink is a great idea, and/or a nearly white neutral for the alternating plain blocks--fun and lovely! All 3 variations are done in strip sets, so you can knock them out really easily. Good luck and post pictures.
    Last edited by frannella; 02-27-2012 at 05:29 PM.
    I didn't make this beautiful GFG quilt but it's on my wish list to do

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2