• Main
  • 99% Sure.... >
  • 99% Sure....

• 99% Sure....

Old 10-24-2010, 09:08 AM
    Power Poster

LOL, I have a theiving bulldog!
    Old 10-24-2010, 09:29 AM

My Annie gets on the sewing table when I am out of the room and runs off with bobbins, needle threaders, tape measures and anything she can get in her mouth. I have learned to put anything dangerous to her in a closed plastic tub even when I leave for a few minutes. She is a pill but I love her very much.
    Old 10-24-2010, 09:31 AM

Originally Posted by anniesews
    My Annie gets on the sewing table when I am out of the room and runs off with bobbins, needle threaders, tape measures and anything she can get in her mouth. I have learned to put anything dangerous to her in a closed plastic tub even when I leave for a few minutes. She is a pill but I love her very much.
    Yes I know what you mean, more work than a child somedays, but my life would be incomplete with out my 2 pugs Lily and Roxy.
    Old 10-24-2010, 09:35 AM

I have to keep our hound dog outside as he is a monster dog and once in a while when he was younger and smaller he would come in a while and when we weren't looking he would snatch the remote or anything he wanted and beline for the back door and take off. One day I caught him when he grabbed something and I had already closed th door. He ran to the door , stopped and looked at it, dropped th item and turnde and looked and here I cam. Busted!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Animals are so cute. Kitty likes to slap my thread spools around so I give her an old one to play with while I sew so she leaves mine alone. They are sooooo playful.
    Old 10-24-2010, 09:36 AM

Originally Posted by Mamagus
    When Gus was a puppy ( he is now a nine year old grumpy mini schnauzer) I was hand quilting a baby quilt and lost my needle. Thought nothing of it until 3 days later when the poor little guy started straining and shivering.

X rays revealed a slender metal line. He had eaten the thread (I was using two strands of six-strand) and the needle had followed into his mouth. Surgery and 900.00 later the little fellow came home.

He is a real garbage gobbler... last year he ate almost a full roll of paper towels because the first one on the roll smelled good. four cans of pumpkin later his bowels got unplugged!
    My Lily did the same, only when she had surgery and the anesthesia made her throw up it lodged in the esophagus, then the vet said take her home and feed bukly stuff till she passes it, this was $1100 LATER, and 3 days later she threw it up!
    Old 10-24-2010, 09:48 AM

Shortly after I had to start wearing reading glasses my one and only pair disappeared! Thinking I had layed them down and couldn't remember where I am wandering around the house looking high and low and I was sure I had left them by the quilt I was hemming. Happenend to glance out the kitchen window and got a flash of reflected light. Boss the dog had grabed them from beside the quilt and gotten out the door without me seeing those specks in his mouth! One big old canine tooth through the lens. Lucky for me they were the cheepies from the drug store. Lucky for him hes never touched anything else or I might have to scold the spoilie!
    Old 10-24-2010, 10:01 AM

I had a cockatiel bird who woulod normally sit on my shoulder when I was sewing. However if he was cross with me he would hop on to the table and quite literally pull all my pins out of my pincushion and throw them around the room!
    Hope you find your pen
    Old 10-24-2010, 10:27 AM

Yes, I have a cat that loves bobbins. Moved a cabinet to paint and there were 9 under it. She also loves shiny stuff like thimbles and my jewelry.
    Old 10-24-2010, 10:54 AM

My cat Koko gets mad when I won't let him sit on my lap when sewing, as he does when I'm on the computer. So he steals whatever he can grab and bats it around in the other room, then stores it under the book case that lines one wall. I've learned to clean out under that with a big feather duster, since I lose so many tiny things. Also found my wedding ring there after losing it some years ago after my knuckles swelled with age. Koko LOVES tiny things to play with.
    Old 10-24-2010, 11:05 AM

We also have a curious cat. He not only takes things, he finds things we haven't seen in a while. Your cat will eventually bring your marker back.