Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Accu Quilt go >

Accu Quilt go

Accu Quilt go

Old 11-19-2010, 05:46 AM

the cheapest is ebay that where I buy all of my dies
Old 11-19-2010, 06:18 AM

For dies, I strongly recommend using Amazon.com - strip dies through online merchants there are usually around $40, and the other dies are usually in the $20-30 range.
Old 11-19-2010, 07:35 AM

I love my Go Cutter! I've had it for a little over one year. It's been great to cut up my scraps into bricks, strips, charms, etc. It is well worth the money. Don't forget that those scraps are worth money too.
Old 11-19-2010, 07:47 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Granna of 5
I tried one at a quilt show yesterday. I was not impressed with it. The lady put a square in the size of the mat and when it came out the corners of the triangles were cut off. It also was a little hard to turn the handle, but I have a weak shoulder.
Having the dog ears cut off is one of the best features.
Old 11-19-2010, 10:06 AM

i tried one..it did not cut that clean and i could not turn the handle. i am old and not that strong but...still one should be able to turn the handle. as you say. if you bought the drunkards path..just how many of that kind of quilt would you make? they are all expensive. good idea tho. just my thoughts.
Old 11-19-2010, 10:14 AM
Power Poster

I love mine!
Old 11-19-2010, 10:26 AM

Originally Posted by quilting grqmmy
i tried one..it did not cut that clean and i could not turn the handle. i am old and not that strong but...still one should be able to turn the handle. as you say. if you bought the drunkards path..just how many of that kind of quilt would you make? they are all expensive. good idea tho. just my thoughts.
I agree that from time to time I've had to put some "oomph" in turning the handle and thought, "Man, how is this going to be for me when I get older and my shoulders and elbows catch up with my arthritic wrists?"

I think that giving it a test (if you can test one somewhere) is not a bad idea at all, just to confirm if it's truly usable for you or not.
Old 11-19-2010, 10:56 AM

I bought mine shortly after they came out because it was alot easier to use than a ruler and a rotary cutter. My left hand is partially paralyzed so holding the ruler and cutting often meant uneven cuts.
Old 11-19-2010, 11:05 AM

I want to thank everyone for their input. If I can get to buy one on a great price, I think I will. Sounds like from some that a little practice makes perfect. Perhaps an omen: but a friend gave me a box of probably 20 # of fabric pieces. A lot of Christmas, but less quality than what I like to use. Guess I'll use it to practice. Again, thank you for the input. I'll post again when and if I get it and let you know how it goes. Sheesh
Old 11-19-2010, 11:10 AM
Power Poster

The physical therapist showed me how to turn the handle only rotating my lower arm. The Go has to be at the proper level about waist high for me. I keep my upper arm next to my body and it and my shoulder does not move. I guess some muscles move there but none that hurt me later. I don't have to put out extra oomph it is smooth turning now that I learned the proper way for me. I can cut for a couple of hour and have no pain or aches.