Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Accu Quilt go >

Accu Quilt go

Accu Quilt go

Old 11-19-2010, 06:12 PM

I'm an accuquilt go lover also. I too, got mine from Fabric Hut on Amazon. My rotary cutting left much to be desired so I am thrilled with it. I'm having fun with the Christmas dies right now!
Old 11-19-2010, 06:55 PM

I love my GO so much I became an authorized dealer. I am a chapter leader for Quilts for Kids and the GO has been a real time saver in cutting kits. If you cut the strips you run through, to the size AccuQuilt recommends (and that info is on all their die packaging) you will end up with very little waste.

My prices are always at 25% off the suggested manufacturer's retail price.

Sandy in Bayard, Nebraska
[email protected]
Old 11-19-2010, 07:06 PM

DH bought mine for Christmas this year but I couldn't wait to get it. I LOVE IT! I wouldn't sell it for twice as much as I gave for it.I have wasted more fabric cutting it wrong than the AQGo and dies cost!
I just bought the 5 in die and mat and the 2 1/2 in strip die and mat.I buy the ones I use the most.

I figure quilting is an expensive hobby but buying a little at a time doesn't seem so bad.Then one day you have all you need.(Until they come out with something new. LOL

And I am on SSI but I take out of my budget for me and my quilting!!! :thumbup:
Old 11-19-2010, 07:18 PM

Originally Posted by jitkaau
I bought a Sizzix system when it was on sale, and am very happy with it.

That's an awesome machine too! Which one did you get? The Big Shot or the Big Shot Pro?

I had been looking at the Big Shot today as on the accuquilt group this lady made the cutest tree skirt and cut the letters out with her Big Shot. I don't have an alpha dies, but when I get some I'd like to try it with my Cuttlebug as alot of the dies are interchangeable.
Old 11-19-2010, 07:20 PM

Originally Posted by All Thumbs
I was under the impression that the Sizzix was mainly for scrapbooking (paper, etc) and does not work well with fabric.....will have to check that out.
ooh no, it'll work with fabric too! Here's the website that they have under the quilting tab.

http://www.sizzix.com/catalog?filter...&w=westminster
Old 11-19-2010, 07:22 PM

I have the regular big shot. I kind of wish I'd gotten the big shot pro instead of the Go because it's supposed to take any company's die and it's wider. But it's more expensive and doesn't fold up.
Old 11-19-2010, 07:27 PM

Originally Posted by gale
I have the regular big shot. I kind of wish I'd gotten the big shot pro instead of the Go because it's supposed to take any company's die and it's wider. But it's more expensive and doesn't fold up.
I wish I would've gotten the Big Shot instead of the Cuttlebug. I didn't even think to look on there before I got the Go!. Then again, I'd have to wait for a good sale.
Old 11-19-2010, 08:08 PM

waiting to read all the comments i would love to have one, but going to keep watching for them to go on sale!!!
Old 11-20-2010, 07:15 AM

I have the Accuquilt Go Baby and I just LOVE IT!! I'm not a very accurate rotary cutter and this is more accurate. Plus it's JUST DARN FUN!!!!! Now I like cutting more than sewing!

You can get dies cheaper at Sew Vac Direct online. They are about 5 to 10 dollars cheaper than thru Accuquilt, but they don't have every die. Still worth checking out. Does anybody else have a cheap site for dies? Let us know! Buying dies could put you in the poorhouse!
Old 11-20-2010, 07:27 AM

Originally Posted by Sheesh
I wonder if anyone has the accuquilt go and what do they think of it? If my sources are right, I think Joann's will have it on sale Black Friday. But th dies are expensive even after you make the initial investment. Sheesh

I like mine. I won it from Accuquilt. Really like it. Haven't gotten to use it as much as I would like but......it works so easily!