Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Accu quilt >
  • Accu quilt

• Accu quilt

Old 10-06-2014, 12:54 PM

Originally Posted by Onebyone
    I preordered the Go Electric and have the regular Go and a Go Baby. My DD uses the Baby more then I do. I like the Block on Board (BOB) dies the best. Every piece you need for a particular block on one die. I can cut blocks for a queen size quilt in about half and hour. Rotary cutting is not a process I enjoy and at my age I rarely do anything I don't enjoy, not worth my time.
    Well said
    K
    Old 10-06-2014, 01:01 PM

I bought the accuquilt go and sold it-it was too limiting for me. I bough the big shot pro and love it. I can use a 10" square die in it (which isn't possible in the Go). If I wanted to stick with the accuquilt company I would get the Studio cutter.
    Old 10-06-2014, 01:15 PM

I have the go and if you have rotator cuff problems, I would advise you go electric. You have to wind it and I would bet it would hurt you a lot. It's not easy to turn.
    Old 10-07-2014, 12:17 AM

I think I read where the Go dies will work with the Sizzix cutter, but the Go only takes Go dies, is that right?
    If so, that's another plus for the Sizzix.
    Barny, you're absolutely right, trying to crank the Go cutter while rehabbing from rotator cuff repair would be rough.
    I've done therapy with several people who had the surgery...and my brother had it as well. It's so important not to overdo, but equally important to make sure you don't end up with decreased range of motion due to not doing enough. OT and PT really help.
    K
    Old 10-07-2014, 03:19 AM

Originally Posted by Onebyone
    My friend has the Brother Scan and Cut. It works great for applique designs but not so great cutting fabric pieces for a block as it only cuts one layer of fabric. I cut sixty (ten cuts at six layers per cut) block pieces with my Go and she was still fussing with the one layer of fabric for the Scan and Cut. She finally got it to cut and the one flower shape was accurate. The scan and cut is great for machine embroiders but not so much for cutting block pieces.
    That seems like a good point of comparison regarding the two cutters.........depends on what you want it for determines the one you will purchase....I have the GO and many dies....some used more than others, but for my purposes it is PERFECT!
    Old 10-07-2014, 04:30 AM

I love my accuquilt go. I use it for strips, but have some other dies. It seems that everything I make uses strips. Will eventually try some of the other dies. The die that makes a complete block sounds interesting. Will have to look a at it.
    Old 10-07-2014, 04:34 AM
    Power Poster

Both the Accuquilt electric and the Brothers Scan n Cut are $499 retail price. If you can afford it, I would go for which ever one will work best for you. Good Luck !!
    Old 10-07-2014, 05:09 AM

I gave my go away and got the studio. Was in an accident and hurt my shoulder, arm and neck but still use it and love it. Hubby helps when it gets to much. Am also thinking about the electric 1.
    Old 10-07-2014, 05:19 AM

Originally Posted by Diane K M
    Does anyone here use the Accu-quilt cutter and what are your thoughts on it? I was thinking of purchasing one since I had major rotator cuff repair. Thank you.

I use mine all the time. I have been working on GFG, and use the Go to cut the flowers as well as cutting the papers. I do need to cut strips first because I only use one section of a multi-sized die, but the strips do not need to be accurate. I usually use scraps in it. I also cut all of my triangles and squares. as most of my stuff is small pieces. I can cut out 100 HST in about 10 minutes. LOVE it!
    Old 10-07-2014, 05:38 AM

I have the Accu quilt go baby and I love it. I get all my dies from Ebay at very reasonable prices. I got the go baby from Joanns when it was on sale for $59.00.