Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Accu quilt >
  • Accu quilt

• Accu quilt

Old 10-07-2014, 07:05 AM

I love my accuquilt. One of my friends has the Studio. We share dies and if I need to do major cutting, I use her Studio.
    We both are anticipating a chance to see the new electric one in operation. I don't think that I will buy it unless my rotater cuff gets worse. It is alot of $.
    Old 10-07-2014, 07:54 AM

I have really enjoyed my Accuquilt Cutter. I have about 20 dies and am constantly looking for new ones to add. If you could get one of the bundles (of dies) it would be a better way to go if you like piecing. Also the BOB dies are nice because you can make a whole quilt with just that particular die.
    Old 10-07-2014, 10:44 AM

I have the Accuquilt full size. I cannot cut more than i4 fabrics at a time. I tried six and the machine broke and I had to send it to Accuquilt for repair. Their customer service was excellent; all it cost me was $35. I does cut very well but if I had a choice on which one to buy I would certainly go for the Electric one even though it is more costly.
    Old 10-07-2014, 11:08 AM
    Power Poster

I cut six layers with the Go and no problem. I bought one of the first ones made and it cranks smooth and easy. Seems much more sturdier and heavier then the newer ones. I think companies find cheaper ways of making items after the first ones to lower the price. I'd rather pay more and get the better quality but I guess too many complained about the cost so now the quality isn't the same.

Last edited by Onebyone; 10-07-2014 at 11:10 AM.
    Old 10-07-2014, 03:08 PM

All of you have been very helpful with your comments. I appreciate each and every answer, which I've read thru several times. I am leaning towards the electric one, based on all comments. I won't have any use to cut for 6 mo to a yr. Have to do something! A big thank you to all of you!
    Old 10-07-2014, 04:49 PM

I have the Accu-quilt Go and a number of dies. I love it! Would love the electric one but not for $499. I had several 5" charm packs I had bought a while ago and some of them were wonky. So, I put them on the 5" square for my Go and straightened them. They are perfectly square now!
    Old 10-07-2014, 05:09 PM

Originally Posted by Diane K M
    It is my right arm, of course, I am right handed. Only a piece of tendon left, had to put a patch in there. All done arthroscopic, thanks to a terrific Dr.! Been 5 wks and have another wk to go in this sling. I want to get back to sewing and I haven't started therapy yet.
    I so sympathize. I had my left shoulder done six months ago, and I do not still have complete use of my arm. I, too, was in a sling 6 weeks, and the shoulder was done arthroscopically.
    Old 10-07-2014, 09:04 PM

The 1st major purchase i made when i decided to learn to quilt was the GO!, it was love at 1st use! My only disability is my bad back (6 surgeries worth of bad) I cut up to 6 layers at a time and love seeing each piece cut to perfection. Of course I only buy the most commonly used dies unless I see a great deal on the dies, but since Accuquilt changed their sale policies for retailers I have only bought 1 new die. I don't like this about the Accuquilt company but I am stuck with it. I don't mind though as I can still buy rulers & templates to manually cut out what I need without the GO!
    Old 10-08-2014, 02:49 AM

if you have the money to spend then go for the electric but the only problem I had if I had to say it was tough to use was when I put denim thru my accuquilt. Other than that I find it very easy
    Old 10-08-2014, 05:28 AM

I have the Studio and love it. I only use 4-6 layers in my Studio, but I have a friend who really put it to the test when she borrowed it and it came back still working. Compared with the Go, I think the Go is a little harder to use, especially if you have more than four layers, and if you are having shoulder problems, then you might want the electric one if you can afford it. I think you will like not having to fight with it.
    Good luck and welcome to the board. It's a great place.