Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Accuquilt dies >

Accuquilt dies

Accuquilt dies

Old 11-19-2020, 02:46 PM

Default Accuquilt Balck Friday sale

Originally Posted by Rhonda K View Post
Last year the sale before Thanksgiving was the best offer. I don't know if that will hold for this year or not..
I wandered over to Accuquilt this afternoon and they have quite a few things on sale now through Nov. 27. I wonder if there will be other discounts after Black Friday? Anyone have experience with this?
I am wondering if I need a Go!...... I love accuracy, but also free creativity, so a die-cutting system appeals and does not appeal at the same time. Are there any other ambivalent quilters like me out there, and if so, what do you think about this system?
Many thanks,
Sibyl
Old 11-19-2020, 03:32 PM

I think accu quilt is having a buy one die and get half off on another. I love the go big I bought just a year ago or maybe two yrs?
I was getting a pain in my shoulder using the cutter. Better to buy the Go Big electric then give it to the Doctor I have use mine a lot cutting 2 1/2 strips from my scraps to make the rugs with batting inside the strips and also cut a bunch of fabric I had in stash to make a log cabin, all flowers on one side and white on the other. I am getting a couple new ones for Xmas. It is confusiing what BOB to buy so I don't waste. If I could look to see what all is in on of those I might buy one. Very confusing. I need to study them more.
Old 11-19-2020, 06:01 PM

I love my elecctric GoBig--saves my shoulder and my carpal tunnel issues. I don't often buy BOBs either, Suzanne, because they don't seem as flexible. I do have the log cabin and a couple like LeMoyne Star that I could pull parts from to use elsewhere. I do have both Cleopatra's Fan and 6" DP because it can cut so much more accurate than I can on those curves.

I think,Suzanne, if you hover your mouse over the picture of the die on the Accuquilt website it will show you the die made up. If you click to bring up the details, there usually is a space near the top that shows you a couple of ideas on use.
Old 11-19-2020, 10:41 PM

quiltingshorttim. Thank you for the tips.
Old 11-20-2020, 07:54 AM
Power Poster

I keep coming back to this thread. I am so in between wanting one and not wanting one. I don't make fancy quilts, just squares, strips, HST, etc. I really need ideas on what to buy.
Old 11-20-2020, 09:30 AM

Originally Posted by zennia View Post
I don't make fancy quilts, just squares, strips, HST, etc. I really need ideas on what to buy.
Given your cutting needs, you may like the QuiltCut Slotted ruler. I got one about a year ago, and I have been delighted with using to cut strips, squares, etc. It has has slots that you put your rotary cutter blade in, so you can make a whole bunch of cuts and get excellent accuracy. It is nicely designed - I really like that it has marks to help with common repeat cuts - for example, it has hexagon at each 2.5" interval, so you can cut a bunch of 2.5" strips without having to do much thinking. Another benefit of using it is that the slots reduce the chance of your blade going where you don't want it, which increases safety.

Now, there are a variety of reasons that people are attracted to the Accuquilt system. Some people have arthritis that makes using a rotary cutter painful. The QuiltCut slotted ruler isn't going to help with that. But if you're looking to make your cutting worker easier, faster and more accurate at all the same time, I've found it does all that for me. I find the cutting with it much less stressful - not having to be careful to get a ruler to line up exactly in the right spot relative to the the fabric edge - instead just get the fabric straight under the ruler, make a clean up cut and then a whole series of cuts in row, with no need to reposition anything.
Old 11-20-2020, 09:59 AM

Here is the address to register for the event coming up Dec 1st. No telling what will be announced.https://events.accuquilt.com/holiday...travaganza/002
Today only according to the email I got this morning 3x on points. Points are given for every purchase you make. You can use them with the purchase you are making or save them up for another purchase.
Old 11-20-2020, 12:15 PM
Power Poster

Thanks for the info. I will check it out. I am thinking of the cutter because every quilt I want to make lately has so many cuts. Just thinking the cutter would be a lot faster and I wouldn't get bored with the whole project.
Old 11-20-2020, 01:58 PM

Originally Posted by Sandygirl View Post
My first project with mine
Sandygirl, precious!!! Good job!
Old 11-21-2020, 05:36 AM

I just watched a Go seminar to learn about the grid system that can be used with Go Cubes. This was a great tutorial as I now see how almost any size block can be made by adding on pieces from the cube you have and planning in grid columns of 4,5,6,7,8,9 and more. Before this I was thinking that I need to purchase all of the cubes, but that is too pricey for me.