Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
ACCUQUILT GO! >

ACCUQUILT GO!

ACCUQUILT GO!

Old 04-07-2011, 03:53 AM

Originally Posted by bamamama
If your back hurts when cutting fabrics try raising your table height. I have an old kitchen table in my sewing room for a cutting table and my back was killing me when I tried to cut so my DH Put blocks of wood screwed into the bottom of the legs to give it a boost. My back does not hurt when I stand there and cut now. Hopefully after your surgery you'll be back to normal.

I have not tried a Accuquilt Go. The dies are so expensive and since I never repeat a pattern I just can't justify the expense If I had someone to share dies with, maybe I would. Hopefully the price will come down one day when the new wears off!
I did the same thing with my table, and boy...it really helped! I have had back surgery, and can honestly state that I'd wait until afterward to purchase as you will not be able to turn the handle until you've healed...at the least.

I had thought about buying one, but after testing the one in my LQS, I realized it was not going to be easy for me to turn the handle very often, as it is for some. So, it's out for me - but raising the table resolved my cutting issues anyway.

Debbie in Austin
Old 04-07-2011, 03:57 AM

thanks everyone....I have decided NOT to get it.
I can do just as good with a good new blade on my 60 mm Dritz. No more than I cut. Also thanks for the well wishes. I might chicken out and just deal with the pain. I cant stand the thought of a major surgery. I had severely low blood pressure after a laparoscopic hysterectomy and back surgery is far more involved.

I have a raised table already and it helps alot! I love this forum!
L~
Old 04-07-2011, 04:04 AM

Are there many users of the Rotary Cutting Machine? I've purchased one and it came without a user's manual so I'm lost with regard on how to even use the machine. I'm ready to return it to keepsake and get me a good supply of new blades instead!
Old 04-10-2011, 08:20 AM

well if you ordered one and it didnt come with a manual i would definitely be in contact from the seller. I dont find that i quilt enough to invest in one. I would rather spend my money on something else I think.......
Old 04-10-2011, 08:30 AM

I have the Studio, not the Go, but I do love, love, love it. It has paid for itself many times over.
Old 04-10-2011, 08:57 AM
Power Poster

I have it. I love using it and I'd buy it again. I have the Go Baby too but DD borrowed it and hasn't brought it back. She fuses appliqué cut shapes to everything from pillows to tote bags. To me it's like going from scissors to rotary cutting. Quilters poo pooed the rotary cutter for a very long time when it first came out as it wasn't worth buying for the cost of new blades all the time. I like having the option of new fun ways to make quilts. I don't think the dies are expensive when bought on sale and a website is always having a sale.
Old 04-10-2011, 09:55 AM

I bought mine from Hancock Fabrics and I've bought the dies from various other shops. I've had problems with two of the rag quilt dies. I emailed the Accuquilt co. and told them my problem. Both times they have got back in touch with me within a day and within a day have send a new die out to replace the defective one. This all without even knowing if I did own the die in question and without me having to send the old one in and waiting for the new one to come back to me. From email to delivery; it was all within a week. Our small shop quit selling them because they have limited space and they can't compete with K-Mart and the larger shops that put them on sale. I love mine and have thought about getting the baby one for travel.
Old 04-10-2011, 10:53 AM

THanks to all....
Can someone post a picture of the Sizzix cutter???

yes I have heard of the sizzix thing....its called the Big Shot I think. the local quilt shop here got rid of selling the GO's and is selling the Big Shot for $399 but that is with no dies. You cant fold it up. Its heavy. Anyway. I decided to get neither since I dont make that many quilts. I can cut just as fast and easy if I have a brand new blade on my Dritz 60 mm rotary cutter, which is my favorite.
Happy Stripping and sewing!
Happy Sunday.
Old 04-10-2011, 11:02 AM

I think if I had to pick I wud go with the Big Shot Pro. Its the one my local quilt shop has and they love it.
Old 04-10-2011, 11:06 AM
Power Poster

I looked at all the new die cut machines out on the market, even the new Sizzix Vagabond Die-cutting Machine What I found was most was for intricate shape cutting, not basic quilt shapes. The Vagabond is electric and cuts lots of layers fast. Not many die cut machines have the quilt die shapes. The Go dies are all quilt shapes so that's why I like it the best. There may be another one on the market later on and I may like it better. You never know what will work best for you at different times.