Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
AccuQuilt Purchase A Good Investment? >

AccuQuilt Purchase A Good Investment?

AccuQuilt Purchase A Good Investment?

Old 04-12-2011, 08:22 AM

I finished my first quilt after cutting the fabric with my GO. It was so easy. My 2 1/2 strip cutter allowed me to cut three strips at a time. Then I folded the strips and laid them across the dies again to create 2 1/2 inch squares. I laid the fabric to prevent waste. You will still need to cut your fabric to prevent waste. Ex: 3 x 2 1/2 = 7 1/2. I rotary cut a piece of 7 3/4 wide fabric: put it on the die, laid down the mat and sent it through the wheel. Important to lay your hand on top of the mat to prevent from pushing up. My pieces were exact and so easy to piece. I love my GO :-)
Old 04-12-2011, 08:27 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Holice
sign on to accuquilt yahoo group and read their comments.
NO dont go there..nothing but bickering and rudeness...

just do your own homework and search the topics here for both accuquilt and Sizzix..

then go to ihaveanotion dotcom and watch all of her videos as she demos each cutting machine on the market..

then ask yourself, Why you want it, what do expect to do with it, is it worth the investment in money and space..(it takes a lot of both)...

I sold my Accuquilt stuff because FINALLY Ellison/Sizzix wised up and brought out their own quilting related items...so much easier to use, better quality, and much more versatility..you can use ANY makers dies in the big shot and big shot pro...except for some of the larger studio dies..but then who really needs a $200 die to cut a 12" square anyway...

Do your homework!
Old 04-12-2011, 08:40 AM

I have artheritis & can't use the rotery cutter as well as I used to so my daughter got me the accuquilt cutter & I save change until I have enough to buy a die as soon as I save enough, That way it isn't so bad when you need a die. Also there are birthdays,anniversaries, & Christmas to think of.
Old 04-12-2011, 09:49 AM

what is accuquilt?
Old 04-12-2011, 10:14 AM

Originally Posted by rfbrazell
since I have received my accuquilt studio cutter I have more than 60 % more acutal quilting time. I just did a apple core quilt full size and it took me 7 minutes to gut it ou. It was amazing how fast it went, and not only that each quilt is so acurate and it went together great too.
GO FOR IT.
It is worth it.
Robert
I am with you,Robert. I wasn't going to get one for a lot of reasons, but then my dgtr got it for me for my b-day. Boy am I glad she did !! It is easier on my hands and shoulders, faster and much much more accurate. I have had the Alto Cut for yrs and it is great but this is better!

It all boils down to one thing.... personal choice and what works for YOU !!!
Old 04-12-2011, 10:46 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by jaciqltznok
but then who really needs a $200 die to cut a 12" square anyway...
Me! I have more trouble cutting larger squares then the small ones.
Old 04-12-2011, 11:12 AM

Originally Posted by jaciqltznok
Originally Posted by Holice
sign on to accuquilt yahoo group and read their comments.
NO dont go there..nothing but bickering and rudeness...

just do your own homework and search the topics here for both accuquilt and Sizzix..

then go to ihaveanotion dotcom and watch all of her videos as she demos each cutting machine on the market..

then ask yourself, Why you want it, what do expect to do with it, is it worth the investment in money and space..(it takes a lot of both)...

I sold my Accuquilt stuff because FINALLY Ellison/Sizzix wised up and brought out their own quilting related items...so much easier to use, better quality, and much more versatility..you can use ANY makers dies in the big shot and big shot pro...except for some of the larger studio dies..but then who really needs a $200 die to cut a 12" square anyway...

Do your homework!
ditto! I just left the accuquilt group because of it. They were complaining about people discussing other cutters-really idiotic. And they were being really ugly and nasty about it. I can't imagine any group discouraging people from doing research. I am going to sell my Go and buy the Big Shot Pro Westminster.

slightly unrelated-I'm over pretty much most of the yahoo groups anymore. I hate the overmoderation and hand slapping. Yes, ask people to trim posts but if someone (like me) posts a reply and leaves one lousy post before it why is that such a big deal? I was replying about the post and it made sense to leave it so it made sense. It isn't worth it to me so I also left the crazyquilters group.
Old 04-12-2011, 11:37 AM
Power Poster

There are several accucut yahoo groups. I check them for sales on the dies. If there is a sale anywhere, it's posted on the groups. I seldom read or post on those groups. The moderators act like butts on a throne.
Old 04-12-2011, 12:00 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by BellaBoo
There are several accucut yahoo groups. I check them for sales on the dies. If there is a sale anywhere, it's posted on the groups. I seldom read or post on those groups. The moderators act like butts on a throne.
which is really like the pot the kettle black because those group owners that are running "buying" clubs are actually going against Accuquilt policy and not selling them at the set price!
Old 04-12-2011, 12:40 PM

I think she meant that they post a heads up about shops running sales. Not that the groups are selling unless it's a group that is for a certain store.