Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Accuquilt vs rulers? >

Accuquilt vs rulers?

Accuquilt vs rulers?

Old 01-20-2016, 08:20 AM
Power Poster

I have the Go manual, Go Baby, and Go Big (electric). All were gifts except the Go Manual. I won two Go Babys as doorprize and online drawing. I use the Go Big for the bigger dies. I use the Go manual more then any of them. I gave my DD one of the Go Baby and one to my guild. I gifted my Big Shot Pro and dies and was gifted a Vagabond with the letter dies about a month later from a friend's mother estate. I gave it to local 4H group. The kids make personalized cloth banners for the livestock pens. I believer in the more you give the more you get. Usually more of the same you give. LOL
Old 01-20-2016, 10:23 AM

Originally Posted by Geri B View Post
..."electric one costs a fortune". opposed to treadle sewing machine and electric? I have a GO ...love it...next step up will be electric one....why not......
I think you must have a much larger budget than I.

Last edited by lyndaj; 01-20-2016 at 10:26 AM.
Old 01-20-2016, 10:38 AM

I love cutting fabric by hand. Fabric is such a tactile thing that just handling it makes me relax. Granted, I don't always cut straight either, but neither did my great aunt.
Old 01-20-2016, 12:14 PM

Originally Posted by lyndaj View Post
I think you must have a much larger budget than I.
Me too! My husband might give me "the look", if I thought I was buying that!
Old 01-20-2016, 12:26 PM

My DH got GO electric for us for Christmas. It's so much easier on my wrists. More expensive, but worth it IMHO.
Old 01-20-2016, 12:43 PM

I can't think of the last time i cut shapes out to make a quilt. Maybe squares and rectangles but all that is just as easy to do with strips. Never understood the pattern designers who say "Cut 2,374 of shape 'A' in light turquoise colors".
No thanks.
tim in san jose
Old 01-20-2016, 02:04 PM
Power Poster

DH spends more then the cost of the Go Big on one hunting jacket. Those are expensive! He thinks not. LOL He was telling me the value of a good hunting jacket that will last and give him the protection he needs from the weather and why one jacket won't be for all hunting, you have to have several. Compared to his hunting, ATVs, yard tractors, trailers to haul all of them, and woodworking expenses my quilting expenses are pennies on his dollars. But that's okay, I have never gotten the 'look'.
Old 01-20-2016, 02:22 PM
Power Poster

I do not use it as much as I should but I sure like it especially for going through my scraps. I also use the June shape cutter a lot for srips and squares but for triangles and odd shapes I use the Sizzix big shot pro.
Old 01-20-2016, 03:54 PM

Originally Posted by Annaquilts View Post
I do not use it as much as I should but I sure like it especially for going through my scraps. I also use the June shape cutter a lot for srips and squares but for triangles and odd shapes I use the Sizzix big shot pro.
I don't know that I would use one much for odd shapes, but if it would work for strips and squares from scrap that could be a nice timesaver and hand saver.
Old 01-20-2016, 04:41 PM

I am on the fence with my Accuquilt Go. I still enjoy cutting with a rotary for relaxation. Straight cuts are easy enough either way!

I fell in love with my Go the night I cut out dozens of applique shapes with fusible. That project would have taken forever with scissors!