Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
ack I must clean up my quiliting area! >

ack I must clean up my quiliting area!

ack I must clean up my quiliting area!

Old 12-20-2010, 07:01 PM

Sewing room straight, not possible to clean it. Am having withdrawl pains. in spite of making cookies and wrapping the last of the gifts, my mind is in my sewing room. Is anyone else having this problem.
Old 12-20-2010, 07:19 PM
Power Poster

Do we get to see your new room? :) Sounds like a fun project for you, and congrats on the new and bigger space!!
Old 12-20-2010, 07:23 PM

Use the dustpan and small broom. Sweep everything into the pan and GENTLY shake it. The beads float to the top and the dirt, etc. sink to the bottom. Ask how I know this!

Hope it's not too late. Well, okay if it's to late, then you're done picking up. So, maybe I do....

Originally Posted by dotcomdtcm
I just dropped about a thousand beads onto the floor. Would you come over & help clean up? Why doesn't someone invent a magnet for beads?!
Old 12-20-2010, 07:32 PM

I have finished the presents, cookies and quilting gifts, now I need to get into my sewingroom, if I can, and clean it up, it is a mess..but sometimes I think it becomes a catch all. When the holidays are over, you will find me in the sewingroom and don't bother me!!! Everyone have a wonderful holiday.
Old 12-20-2010, 07:45 PM

I just finished sewing the last of my gifts today, so took a little time and started to staighten up the sewing room. I know I won't get it all done before Christmas, but my plans are to get it organized after the holidays. I told my husband all the gifts were made so anything I sew on the next two weeks before I go back to work will be for me.
Old 12-20-2010, 08:49 PM

Originally Posted by morelcabin
You are going to love being out of the dining room and into a room of your own. My machine is in the shop right now too, so I am also without...I know how it feels...I feel like I've lost my best freind!
This is exactly why I have a 42yr old machine as a backup....it never fails me.
Old 12-21-2010, 08:57 AM

I hope you gave your family a picture of you for Christmas because after the New Year they won't be seeing much of you. Have Fun!
Old 12-21-2010, 10:20 PM

I'd like to say that I would keep my sewing room organized, but I know me. I get the quilt pattern in my head and cutting it, and there goes the floor and probably the fabric wouldn't get back on the shelf. What keeps my room neat and organized is the fact that people could knock on the door and want to buy or order a quilt, and I don't want anyone to see a messy room.
Old 12-21-2010, 10:26 PM

I just dropped about a thousand beads onto the floor. Would you come over & help clean up? Why doesn't someone invent a magnet for beads?!
use tape to pick up beads you can always take them off later when you have time
Old 12-22-2010, 03:56 AM

Originally Posted by Dawnmarieodya
use tape to pick up beads you can always take them off later when you have time
Unfortunately I made the habit of throwing thread etc on the dining room floor and I would sweep it up when I was done. my spare bedroom is carpeted and its fairly new carpeting so no real reason to tear it up. I guess I will have to instill new habits? Dont they say it takes at least 6 weeks to change and form a new habit? LOL