Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Acrylic table to work with my sewing machine. >

Acrylic table to work with my sewing machine.

Acrylic table to work with my sewing machine.

Old 02-17-2010, 01:49 PM

I have ordered a sewing machine cabinet and the acrylic insert to fit my machine into the cabinet. I have found both to be wonderful! Allbrands shipped my orders out promptly and they arrived sooner than I expected. Other reviews I read about the company have expressed that they were very responsive in dealing with any problems. I didn't have any problems with my order and have saved them in my favorites to use again when I have a need. Good luck.
Old 02-17-2010, 02:42 PM
Banned

When I was working I bought embroidrey thread from them for my embodrey machine and yes very reliable, but there is still a fee for shipping, how ever the lower cost of the thread it was still cheaper and if I am ever able to work again I would definitly buy through them again. I hope this helps.
Old 02-17-2010, 03:11 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Gilla
I am still trying to figure out if anyone has bought from AllBrand and experience with that company. I had never heard of them.
Gilla, I posted about them on another thread. Here's what I wrote:

I really, really advise against ordering from Allbrands. I've had two bad experiences with them, and have sworn off ordering from them altogether:

1) I ordered a bobbin winder from them. When it arrived, I discovered that it did not wind the thread as tightly as I would have liked. I did not know this at the time I ordered, but they do NOT accept returns on opened items (and if you do manage to convince them to accept your return, they charge a 15% restocking fee). I pleaded with them to take it back, because it did not work as expected. They refused.

2) Going against my better judgment, I shortly after that ordered a new metal carriage for long-arm frame -- they were having a really good deal, and I couldn't pass it up. They not only sent the wrong size carriage -- and refused to take it back despite it being the wrong item -- it was also horribly broken in several spots. I talked to the Grace Frame Company, and they made everything right...they're a great company. Allbrands...not so much.

They have some good deals on their site that are tempting, but I've been burned twice now as far as crummy/broken products, and would never order from them again. That combined with their awful return policy just doesn't make it worth it.
Old 02-17-2010, 03:14 PM
Banned

Also, you can read reviews on their company at various places online. Here's one example:

http://www0.epinions.com/pr-Online_S...s_com/display_~reviews
Old 02-17-2010, 03:16 PM

Your message came 10 minutes too late. I just ordered a table for $64.99 with free shipping. I can't afford losing that much money and hope they do it right.
Thanks for the info.

Gilla
Old 02-17-2010, 03:18 PM
Banned

Well, fingers crossed :) Some people have had no issues with them, so hopefully you'll be one of the lucky ones...
Old 02-17-2010, 04:37 PM

I have ordered from Allbrands many times and been very happy with both their prices and quick shipping. Customer Service has also been very helpful. I highly recommend them.
Old 02-17-2010, 04:41 PM

On that website there seem to be many dissatisfied customers. But most of this happened in 2006 and 2007. I surely hope they have improved their system and the table will be in good order. The lady I spoke with was very nice. Anyway, if the merchandise turns out to be faulty, I can always get the CC to assist me. I will let you know what happens.
I recently ran into a problem when a LQS overcharged me. When I sent my receipts and documentations to them, they reimbursed me.
Old 02-17-2010, 04:47 PM

Originally Posted by Melinda in Tulsa
I have ordered from Allbrands many times and been very happy with both their prices and quick shipping. Customer Service has also been very helpful. I highly recommend them.
Thank you.