Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3

Thread: adding another border?

Blog Entries
    love the green and the butterflies. Looks great!

I'm new to this board and have been lurking for a few days, but felt I really HAVE to reply to this message. I love the butterfly fabric. It looks perfect with your quilt.

Quote Originally Posted by grannylou
    ok here is what I may use. Please let me know what you think. I have had this in my stash for over a year and didn't know what to use if for. I love butterflies.
    Oh, I love that. I think it works so well with the body of your quilt. Love the colors

My sentiments as well. In fact I have made wider side borders than the top and bottom simply because I wanted a wider quilt. As you say it is my quilt and I can do what I want!

Love it with the last print, and think a green binding would really finish the whole quilt off beautifully...good job!

very pretty

I like the second border choice. I bought the same jelly roll at JoAnn's. I actually bought 2 and added some other fat quarters. I also trimmed out with pink and yellow. Maybe I can get a picture up before too long.

I love the final butterfly border....I also made 2 quilt tops the same style with batik jelly rolls but did 25 strips up and down and then 5 strips across each bottom & top.
    These tops will go to a homeless teen group I'm helping with in Salem, OR........I'm from Stayton, OR...Donita

My personal preference would be to go with a green border. I've added a bigger border to the tops of some of my quilts but not the bottom.

Love the butterfly border. goes great with the quilt.

What about a piano key border??? using the prints in your quilt

It's hard to tell if the green in this last border of butterflies is really close in color to the other greens. If it is, definately go for it. The butterflies would be a nice addition.

Blog Entries
    ok here is what I may use. Please let me know what you think. I have had this in my stash for over a year and didn't know what to use if for. I love butterflies.
    Yes, I do think it's too busy - maybe because the print seems larger than what's in the center....and if you're thinking of the additional border being that wide. Maybe thin strips of it, combined w/a solid or check/stripe could work. Those butterflies are pretty big.

Pink print would be ok, but I am thinking a sage-y green would be nicer

Yes, the piano keyboard would be great I think, but since it was a jelly roll I don't have those fabrics. Actually, I did find a really light green that will work. I was so excited when I found it in my stash...lol....I don't know what I have....I am sure it will work great. Now I just have to figure the back.

Please do put a picture up to show us. I also used two jelly rolls. It is so much fun to see all the different things we can do with the same thing. Thanks for you who suggested using green. I have it cut and hope to sew it on tomorrow. It is perfect with the last border.

Butterfly border works for me...they go with flowers! I do like the idea of another border, but would use a dark value "skinny" line in between the pink and butterfly border, just me though....

I would go with the green as well to give it more blend as they say!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Shivesa
    Well, first of all, you should know I'm a quilting newbie - so take my opinion with a grain of salt.

But I think it would be nice if you added another border, especially a pretty green one like the other colors in your quilt. But if you really wanted an overall pink feel to it...then go with your gut. :)
    I agree another border would be great and green or a darker pink to frame the rest. Its a pretty quilt!

Oh my goodness! I love the butterfly pattern! Im not sure about the busy-ness though :)

Actually, I was thinking of working some of the green into it - just a little with some of the other colors too. I will have to check my "stash" tomorrow.
    :thumbup: :-D

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3