Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Additional Lighting - Side or Under Mount? >

Additional Lighting - Side or Under Mount?

Additional Lighting - Side or Under Mount?

Old 10-24-2012, 04:07 PM

I had both. Now I just pull over my floor Ott-like lamp whenever I need more light. When I am at my machine sewing I face my living room and just pull over the lamp as it is beside my reading chair in the living room.

ali
Old 10-24-2012, 05:01 PM

Originally Posted by BellaBoo View Post
I have this one: http://www.ecoluxlighting.com/ Get the six light strip. You won't regret it at all. I didn't peel the tape off the stick-on side. I used double sided tape to mount it and it's easy to move from machine to machine without buying extra.
My machine comes with excellent lighting (Janome 7700) and has something similar to this built it. But sometimes I find that the feet still throw a shadow, particularly if I'm sewing dark fabric (old eyes...lol). The little bendable bright light really puts extra light just where I need it
Old 10-25-2012, 09:17 AM

Hi, ma'am. I really want that light!! The little bendables are too bright in one small spot. These Ecolux would be the bomb! Did you buy yours from the site, or did you find a cheaper price elsewhere. Could you share, please? I wonder if any of the stores like Joann's has them where one could use a coupon?

Thanks for telling us about this handy dandy answer to so many lighting problems! My Pfaff has a light under the throat, but its very dim.

Originally Posted by BellaBoo View Post
I have this one: http://www.ecoluxlighting.com/ Get the six light strip. You won't regret it at all. I didn't peel the tape off the stick-on side. I used double sided tape to mount it and it's easy to move from machine to machine without buying extra.
Old 10-25-2012, 09:30 AM

Originally Posted by Kitsie View Post
Hi, ma'am. I really want that light!! The little bendables are too bright in one small spot. These Ecolux would be the bomb! Did you buy yours from the site, or did you find a cheaper price elsewhere. Could you share, please? I wonder if any of the stores like Joann's has them where one could use a coupon?

Thanks for telling us about this handy dandy answer to so many lighting problems! My Pfaff has a light under the throat, but its very dim.
I don't have a problem with my bendable being too bright--I just have to be careful not to position it so light reflects off the foot.

I bought my Ecolux LED light from Cotton Club also. I didn't try googling it. I receive a lot of online quilt shop newsletters & haven't seen it on any of them or at JoAnn's.When I first saw the light at Cotton Club back in the spring, it was $39.95. The price has really risen, but I feel it is worth it.

The size you will need is dependent on the size of the harp on your machine. I was only able to fit a 4 light one on mine.
Old 10-25-2012, 11:36 AM

Thanks gramajo. I can use a 6 light on my Pfaff. Guess I'll just have to save my pennies! Christmas is coming!

Originally Posted by gramajo View Post
I don't have a problem with my bendable being too bright--I just have to be careful not to position it so light reflects off the foot.

I bought my Ecolux LED light from Cotton Club also. I didn't try googling it. I receive a lot of online quilt shop newsletters & haven't seen it on any of them or at JoAnn's.When I first saw the light at Cotton Club back in the spring, it was $39.95. The price has really risen, but I feel it is worth it.

The size you will need is dependent on the size of the harp on your machine. I was only able to fit a 4 light one on mine.
Old 10-25-2012, 11:45 AM

Originally Posted by Kitsie View Post
Thanks gramajo. I can use a 6 light on my Pfaff. Guess I'll just have to save my pennies! Christmas is coming!
Definitely ask Santa to bring you one. You'll love it.
Old 10-25-2012, 11:59 AM

Location: Small town in Northeast Oregon close to Washington and Idaho

I have the bendable light, but the bendable is getting relaxed and not staying bended. I have lights built in under my machine that are bright, but I also put an Ott standing lamp over my machine. It does the trick. It gives me the best light of all.
Old 10-25-2012, 01:14 PM
Power Poster

With overhead florescent lights and undermount light from Home Depot mounted under a shelf behind machine and machine light I am okay with those. I did buy a little bright light from Wal Mart, but don't use it.
Old 10-25-2012, 02:54 PM

THANKS, EVERYONE! I'll check out the Ecolux LED strip light...seems to have a lot of fans from the replies here. I just finished a project which had a lot of dark fabrics and I thought I was going blind by the time I finished it. My eyes aren't old, but they're not young anymore either, so glad it might have just been the fabric. LOL I'll probably keep the bendable light in place until I get the strip light and use the bendable for a back-up, but as was mentioned the bendable flex starts to lose it's hold and droops...has already happened to me. Again, many thanks!
Old 10-25-2012, 03:20 PM

Hi ladies,

A quick Internet search turned up this website. They offer the 6-light package for $59.99. Thought I would share for those who might be looking for this. http://anembroideredaffair.com/Detail.bok?no=573