Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 10 11 12 LastLast

Thread: Ages

Quote Originally Posted by joyceinoh
    Quote Originally Posted by KathyAire
    I'm 62.
    Here is a link to a post that we did not too long ago about our ages.
    http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-50668-1.htm
    I missed that thread, so gonna tell my age now.
    I turned 70 this year. I never minded turning 50 or 60 but there is somethng about 70 that seems old.

Anyway I have been sewing most of my life. To think that quilting is for grannys is sorta dumb. But then we all know men never get it right. (sorry guys that are in this group) :)
    I'm with you sister, May in Jersey who is 74 1/2.

I should be retired, but my daughter with 5 children and just 37 is learning to quilt.

I'm 46. I just started quilting this year. I had the time to quilt while I was unemployed. I made 3 quilts. I just started working again last week so my quilting will slowdown. But it sure was fun when I had the time.

Blog Entries
    My oldest grandchild is 16 years old but I was quilting when I had my last child at 35 years old. One of my daughters made her first quilt when she was six. Retired Grandmas might have more time to devote to quilting. But quilting, especially in today's world, knows no age. You are current with your age!

I'm 32 started quilting when I was 25.

I'm 46 with two kids 16 and 14. I've been sewing since I was 11. I wanted to start quilting in my early 20's so I bought books but just couldn't get going. Finally started quilting about 8 years ago.

I'm 63. Maybe it's his way of wanting to take you dancing or just spend some time with you. Ask him.

Quote Originally Posted by ChubbyBunny
    HeeHee, I am using my stash as lining for my coffin. So don't look for an estate sale of material. :lol: :lol: :lol: Just kidding!!!
    That's actually a great idea! Use your stash to line your coffin....spend eternity wrapped in your favorite fabrics. I may actually make a quilt of my favorite fabrics to be buried with. Seriously! 8-)
    Well, I have also requested that they put a thimble in my finger and thread a needle for me. I need something to do up there. Joseph might need another coat, ya know!!! And I have lots of fabric with bling!

I am 66 and have only been quilting for two years. I learned after I retired. Thankfully, there is no age limit or requirement for creating art, which is what I think quilting is. Quilters have an obligation to teach others, so that this amazing craft does not disappear.

Quilting is time consuming..Maybe he feels neglected???

Your DH isn't very diplomatic, is he?
    Wouldn't it be funny if he got interested in quilting, too?
    Have you told him there are gentlemen quilters here?

54 today actually and I started about 10 years ago. In the words of Indiana Jones-It's not the years it's the miles! (may not be quoted perfectly)

Just wait until you see him taking a nap...then tell him that his "hobby" is for OLD MEN ..find an age appropriate one lol

Banned
    Blog Entries
    My granddaughter is just going on 4 and is already sewing squares together. She knows what a fat quarter,batting,charms,batiks,and paisley are,and most of the other quilting terms I use.I am 63,started quilting 20 years ago.

43, mother to three (DD-24, DS-22, DS-21), step-mother to two (SD-21, SS-20). both girls quilt from time to time.

Quote Originally Posted by cherylynne
    I'm retired, but my 25 year old daughter loves to make quilts. She isn't married, though.
    I am also retired and my youngest is 36 he is not married and I do not think he ever will. the two girls are older and only the eldest is into sewing and starting to be into quilts. She turns 40 in November.

Quote Originally Posted by sewmom
    54 today actually and I started about 10 years ago. In the words of Indiana Jones-It's not the years it's the miles! (may not be quoted perfectly)
    Happy Birthday Sewmom. I hope you have/ had a great day.

Thanks Annya. I didn't do anythig really special b/c I was watching my DGS. Took them to church and then after lunch I took them home 2 see mom. She had been out of town all week so I had them. DH took the boys and me out to lunch Sat. Fially got to start a quilt last night. To me it was an gOod day and my DS called me from TX to wish me a HB.

It sounds like you had a good day any way

I belong to a quilt guild and we have all ages. Your husband does not know what he is talking about even back then,( what your husband calls grandma age, young ladies were quilters, as they were preparing for their upcoming nuptials.

Oh, I am 67

I'm 69 and started quilting about 2-1/2 years ago, although I have sewn since I was in 3rd or 4th grade through 4-H and had my own sewing business for 11 years.

i'm seventy now, but fifty years ago i made a baby quilt for my first with the help of my elderly neighbors and then hand pieced a granma's garden, 70 by 8o inches that was much more than i should have attempted, for i didn't quilt again until a few years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by TxCaRose
    I belong to a quilt guild and we have all ages. Your husband does not know what he is talking about even back then,( what your husband calls grandma age, young ladies were quilters, as they were preparing for their upcoming nuptials.

Oh, I am 67
    In my group the youngest is about 14yrs. and the eldest is 94 years old. so it does not matter how old you are as long as you enjoy the quilting and friendship of other people of all ages.

68, with 1 daughter 38, three grandsons, 5,7 and 14 in a month. Let hubby know quilters ages are not important.

A couple of people have suggested that maybe your husband wanted you to spend more time with him. So think of it like this, if he had a hobby that comsumed all his time would you like it?
    We never know how long we have on this old earth, and what is more important then our time with each other.
    (Other than quilting :) :D )

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 10 11 12 LastLast