Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Ages

Blog Entries
    I started with Grandma's old flip flop, the treadle where you push it up and down to get the needle to go up and down. That is how I described it for years. I remember having to sit on the edge of the chair to reach the foot power, so must have been quite young. All I did was put two squares together and get them together with others till I had a big sheet of different colors. I remember it was very heavy, then Grandma and aunts took over and made it into a real quilt. All of them seemed to have little chunks of yarn sticking up here and there, so they were all tied together.

Blog Entries
    I'm 68, retired for two yrs and quilting for 4 mo's. Well, actually, researching quilting since June. Today I got 2 quilts from Hancock's for my DGD's. So, I've been a quilter for, oh, about 6 hrs!

I'm 42, no kids, and have been quilting and sewing since I was old enough to pick up a needle and thread. :)

I am 66, started quilting about 8 years ago. I wish I would have started a long time ago. Just hope I live long enough to use all my stash..LOL. I absolutely love qulting. My husband is my greatest supporter.

I'm 46 years ok'd and have a 14 year old girl and a 12 year old boy. I've been quilting for about three or four years now. My family keep asking me how many quilts (for beds) do I need.

daisygirl, i love your rabbit, they make such sweet pets.

Quote Originally Posted by Annaquilts
    I am 46 years old and have 14 children, ages 23 to 5 yrs old. I started quilting at about 38 and it had nothing to do with age. I am also a red belt in tae kwon do, two belts away from becoming a black belt, which I fully intent to make irregardless of age. LOL I do think some of us have more time for quilting as we be come empty nesters and retire.

I also second that many very young people, both male and female, are learning to quilt. My youngest one was 3 and she still quilts at thirteen.
    I'm exhausted just reading your post lol 14, wow...And my sons a black belt..I know the time and dedication that takes...(here have gatorade lol)

I'm 48, have been quilting for an absorbing 1 month, 19 days and 6 hours.. Didn't discover my love of art until I was 35 or I'm sure I'd be monet's twin by now lol...So far I am loving my new quilting adventure..

Blog Entries
    I am 44 with two DD's, ages 23 and 15 and 2 grandbabies, ages 4 and 18mths. I have been quilting for about 2 years but sewing for probably 30+.

Quote Originally Posted by Daisygirl
    I'm 46 years ok'd and have a 14 year old girl and a 12 year old boy. I've been quilting for about three or four years now. My family keep asking me how many quilts (for beds) do I need.
    Non quilters just don't understand do they? LOL

It's kind of like husbands and shoes, they just don't get that

I'm 60, if you would have told me that I would actually be sewing and quilting when I was in high school, I would have told you, you were crazy. LOL

Murray, Ky. Looking for a nice cushy pillow to rest my head on!
    Blog Entries
    I'm 42 with 3 kids, 3, 15 and 16. I started 6 yrs. ago but didn't get serious about it until 4yrs. ago when pregnant with little man.

I'm 50 with 3 stepkids all grown and out on their own. I started quilting when I was 31 and can't imagine not doing it now. I'm absolutely addicted to quilting and not one bit ashamed of my addiction. LOL :)

Quote Originally Posted by KathyAire
    I'm 62.
    Here is a link to a post that we did not too long ago about our ages.
    http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-50668-1.htm
    That post has alot of folks ages....by the way..I'm 45 :D

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by littlehud
    I'm just a baby of 58. I started quilting about five years ago.
    Me too! My nine year old gd just finished her first quilt - I"m very proud of her :thumbup:

Im 36 and have a 9 year old son, and I have been quilting for nearly 10 years. I used to have horses and ride competition, but it got too expensive and time consuming for me, especially as I was out with the horses most weekends.
    I dabbled in quilting then, and Its just kind of taken over my life now. My hubby doesnt mind a bit, he said, at least he knows where I am at all times....just needs to stick his head in the sewingroom if I cant be found anywhere else.

I'm 51 & have been quilting for about 8 years. I have been sewing for 40 years though! I think it was a natural progression!

I am 48, three kids (20, 16, and 13) and have been quilting for about 10 years. I am about to become Grandma for the first time.

My grand-nephew helped me make my (now his) first quilt. He's 6, and wants to design his own quilt now.

Tell your husband quilting keeps your brain young, so he should try it!

I just turned 34, have 6 kidlets and pretty new to quilting.

Quote Originally Posted by bjnicholson
    I'm 68, retired for two yrs and quilting for 4 mo's. Well, actually, researching quilting since June. Today I got 2 quilts from Hancock's for my DGD's. So, I've been a quilter for, oh, about 6 hrs!
    Way to go!

Quote Originally Posted by MommaDorian
    Quote Originally Posted by Annaquilts
    I am 46 years old and have 14 children, ages 23 to 5 yrs old. I started quilting at about 38 and it had nothing to do with age. I am also a red belt in tae kwon do, two belts away from becoming a black belt, which I fully intent to make irregardless of age. LOL I do think some of us have more time for quilting as we be come empty nesters and retire.
    You go girl!!! Did you adopt any of your children? Or are they all biological? Sorry if I'm being too nosey.
    We are used to people asking. Five of our children are biological. Growing a family both by birth and adoption is a wonderful blessing. My youngest two are in the avatar picture.

I'm 80 (81 next month) and I've been sewing and quilting since my 20s. My sister is 90 and still quilting all the time. She goes to her quilt guild every week. (We are a long-lived family. Most live into their nineties.)

I am 47, soon to be 48 on Election Day. I am a mother of 7 children, 5 boys and 2 girls. And a very proud Grandmother of 13, 6 grandsons, 7 granddaughters.

I am married to a very handsome Sicilian gentleman.

I started quilting when I was 34. I also had 3 kids at home and my husband is an over the road truck driver. I love quilting and I have taught many young girls how to quilt.

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast