Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
All singing all dancing Bernina 440QE - so excited >

All singing all dancing Bernina 440QE - so excited

All singing all dancing Bernina 440QE - so excited

Old 12-22-2010, 05:34 PM

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/ima...283155&s=books
Old 12-22-2010, 05:36 PM

It's called "Art Cloth" I think I will have to buy it. Cheaper at amazon. Looks amazing, but I think her first book was called "Cloth"
Old 12-22-2010, 06:46 PM

Originally Posted by Kikiatl
It's called "Art Cloth" I think I will have to buy it. Cheaper at amazon. Looks amazing, but I think her first book was called "Cloth"
Looks very interesting. I think it will be a while until I am confident enough in my quilting to make a whole cloth quilt that the whole beauty would depend on the quilting design. But I can always dream! ;)
Old 12-22-2010, 06:57 PM

I paint in acrylics, mainly abstract designs so I think for me trying to make a small appliqué wall hanging or mini quilt from my own design would be what I would like to do! The colours and shapes in the composition would be what interested me. I could not the repetetive traditional type quilt, but have seen many beautiful quilts already from contributors on this blog!
Old 12-22-2010, 07:06 PM

You should be a natural then with art quilts! I struggle with color!
Old 12-22-2010, 07:17 PM

Art quilts. Is that what they are called. See all this is so new and exciting fir me. Have loved fabric and colour all my life and now have the opportunity to do something more with it!!!! Yey, so, so exciting!
Old 12-22-2010, 07:18 PM

How exciting....just think, not too much longer before you can open your new machine and the adventure can begin.
Old 12-22-2010, 07:36 PM

I am getting more excited by the day. The cabinet I thought of buying from arrow for $299, suddenly went up overnight to $365 on all the websites. I think I will leave that for a while and use my sturdy fold up table. I did buy a more comfortable chair from officedepot today. Not a fancy one, but an upright chair with a better back support than the fold-up one I have.
Old 12-22-2010, 07:46 PM

Originally Posted by Kikiatl
I am getting more excited by the day. The cabinet I thought of buying from arrow for $299, suddenly went up overnight to $365 on all the websites. I think I will leave that for a while and use my sturdy fold up table. I did buy a more comfortable chair from officedepot today. Not a fancy one, but an upright chair with a better back support than the fold-up one I have.
Sounds like a good idea to start with the chair, DH brought an office chair home that they gave away where he works, and it has made all the difference in the world to how my back feels after a sewing marathon. 8-)
Old 12-22-2010, 08:04 PM

I do get back trouble with chairs with bad support so had been looking fir a while. Some of them make you slouch and I need to sit upright. This one felt just right. I will try tomorrow to post pics of my dogs. I am using my iPhone but maybe on my laptop I can do it. Can see things better anyway. Just need a little read of my " Grapes of Wrath" now before turning in. Dogs already asleep. Dh away overnight. Inthink the new dog missed him. She didn't race upstairs as usual . I think she expected him to come home!