• Main
  • For All of You Snowed In >
  • For All of You Snowed In

• For All of You Snowed In

Old 01-30-2011, 08:24 AM
    Banned

Originally Posted by cabbagepatchkid
    Originally Posted by Pzazz
    That being said, to get to work, we are hoofing it up and over drifts in the driveway to get to the truck that we have to leave parked at the road. Our driveway is about 450'....it really is getting old not being able to drive up to the house!!!!!

Patti
    I feel bad for the city dwellers who have to park on the street at this time of year. They have run out of places to put the snow that they shovel from around their cars, it's against the law to throw it into the road and once they get their car cleaned out someone else will come along and take their space :thumbdown: :evil:

Car owners in NYC don't feel bad - alternate side of the street parking is cancelled
    Old 01-30-2011, 09:14 AM
    Power Poster

No cabin fever yet. Still have to go to work after the one snow day off here and there and there is always house work, house repairs, house improvements and of course quilting.
    Old 01-30-2011, 09:56 AM

Originally Posted by wildyard
    I am always happy in my home. I could stay here for months at a time and never mind a bit. In fact, sometimes DH has to drag me out to be sociable, LOL. I think I have the makings of a hermit in me.
    I am the same way. When I was a kid I was an outdoorsey tom boy but after I married there wasn't time to play and do whatever I wanted. I became a real homebody and some times the only time I go out doors for days on end, is just feed the dogs.
    Old 01-30-2011, 12:12 PM
    Power Poster

Too busy digging out and then recouperating from it all:-)
    Old 01-30-2011, 02:01 PM

In New England they are saying up to 5 inches on Tues and 10 or more on Wed. That another foot. That is two more payments to the guy who plows me out. It has been too much for too long and is getting expensive. I could be spending that money on fabric.
    Old 01-30-2011, 03:55 PM

Originally Posted by memephyl
    In New England they are saying up to 5 inches on Tues and 10 or more on Wed. That another foot. That is two more payments to the guy who plows me out. It has been too much for too long and is getting expensive. I could be spending that money on fabric.
    LOL See that's why you stay in. Don't wanna spend good fabric money on getting plowed out!!
    Old 01-30-2011, 03:57 PM

Its not just the NE - we're in the woods in NW Montana & had to use the 4 wheel drive pickup to getout & head to town for Church this morning - the church was less than half full - not a good day to be on the roads in a blizzard.
    Hubby fired up the wood stove in our basement - helps keep propane bill down when its single digit weather - may get down to 10 below zero tonight.
    I'll be sewing strips together for a donation quilt this evening.
    montanajan
    Old 01-30-2011, 04:56 PM

Oh!!!! Won't someone please send me some snow in Florida? We are having 70 degree weather. I want it cold again.
    Old 01-30-2011, 05:18 PM

Originally Posted by Pzazz
    We did miss church twice from blizzard conditions. So far we have not missed any work. That being said, to get to work, we are hoofing it up and over drifts in the driveway to get to the truck that we have to leave parked at the road. Drifts are too deep for even the truck to get thru', and the fella that usually clears our driveway has been away the last two weeks. My boss's son is coming today with a bobcat to dig us out. When it drifts like this it gets almost like cement, so a snow blower or plow won't do the job. Our driveway is about 450'....it really is getting old not being able to drive up to the house!!!!!

Patti
    Patti, you just made me have a memory.

When we were little, we had a cottage on a peninsula on a river in CT. We'd go there in the winter and rough it and skate on the river. On one trip, we had to leave the car at the end of the long road and trudge through the snow to the cottage.

My father had to carry my littlest sister and the rest of us had to trudge through the snow which was hip high on me. Of course, I was probably on 7 or 8 so it wasn't THAT deep, but it sure felt like it.

Hope you get your driveway cleared very soon!
    Old 01-30-2011, 05:26 PM

Michigan hasnt had much snow this year. Four inches the other night. They are predicting up to 10 inches for us Tuesday night. I am kinda hoping so I can sit and sew and enjoy my quilting room. Haven't been there in a while, was in a funk. I am getting out of it!