Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: All of you

Blog Entries
    I totally agree, this place has some of the nicest quilters anywhere. We can get lots of inspiration here as well as making many new friends. :thumbup:

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mrspete
    I'm with you Lilrain, I think this is the best place to be.

Blessings, Ruth
    Meeee Tooooo. Nice, friendly people.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Katia
    This board is somewhat like a haven for me. I don't post all that much, but when I come here and just read and look at all the beautiful creations I can feel the stress leaving.

I belong to several other boards and some are just so negative. Always complaining or bullying others on the board. I don't know why I bother, just habit I guess.

My Gramma used to say that if you can not say something nice, don't say anything at all. That seems to be the rule here, and I do love it.
    I agree with Katia. Such a great place to visit and love the tutorials. I have learned so much.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by sewmuchmore
    I agree with you, and I am glad that you are part of this board. I check in almost every day, I might miss something :lol: :lol: :lol: . It is a wonderful board.
    My sentiments exactly!!! :-)

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by cbridges22
    I have learned so much and am going to a get together at one of the members homes with others from Oregon-Washington and am so excited.The people seem so caring and PAY IT FORWARD IS WONDERFUL.This is the only place I meet with quilters and discuss fun stuff.
    Pay it forward? What and where is this? Don't know about it.

I'm usually the quiet one who sits at the back in any group meeting and doesn't say much, but listens to everything. I'm just the same on here, I don't post very often but I do check in a couple of times a day and read all the posts. I also found that once you get used to the people on here and read their posts on a regular basis you can really see their personalities and values shine through. I feel sure that if I had any questions on quilting or any general questions or problems with life etc., and I posted them on here I wouldn't have to wait too long before someone came forward to help. I think you are all a great bunch of friends and I'm glad to be amongst you.

i have had a very enjoyable 1+1/2 months on this board i may have some regrets when i start my O B W [just joking]

and I also agree, I used to belong to. Guild between buying fabric and gas this has become my guild,,,and when I don't get qa message I miss you guys. ,,,now would someone tell me n how to get that fancy signature on my responses. Leamelon

I just wanted to agree with all of you on this, very nice group and very helpful for us newbies.

I agree, really enjoy this board. Usually check it at least once a day and am always learning somthing new. Thank all of you for being you, very nice.

Blog Entries
    This is a wonderful board. I have only belonged for about a month. Everyone is so helpful. I am looking forward to trying several ideas that I got on this board. Right now I should be cleaning my house, but here I am. It's addicting. lol

Blog Entries
    I know what you mean about some not so nice people in the quilting guild, I was going to join one here, but there are some people in that group that are really nasty and when you ask a question they look at you like you have two heads are something. I haven't been quilting very long and need help and need to ask questions, so I decided that I wouldn't join and that I could get more help here than there. I really enjoy all you nice ladies here, when I ask a question I get a whole bunch of answers. Thank you all for being so nice and helpful. We all were newbies at one time.

I agree too. I love this board!!!! I have learned soooo much. This board gives me inspiration.

I cannot tell you how much finding this site has helped me. I joined over a year ago and in the last 9 months or so, I am here every day. And everyday I learn something new. I have almost used all the memory in my computer saving things I find.There is not one negative person here. I cry when I read sad stories and pray for each of you when times get tough. Addiction is probably the best word for this Board. What a wonderful family we have all formed, brought together by our love of quilting. So happy to be here.
    I love you all. Blessings, Donna

Blog Entries
    Pay it forward is, when someone does something nice for or to you or gives you something, you in your turn when you get the chanch do it nicely for or to someone else. Does it make sense? Do good turns.

I am new too. I have only been visiting for a couple of weeks and have leaned so much. I'm a little to shy to ask any questions (yet) but I started a list of things I want to learn. This site is the first thing I check everyday when I get to the computer. This has been great because I don't have to wait until I get to my LQS (that is a term I learned from this forum) whenever I have a question.
    Thanks to everyone being so nice.

Quote Originally Posted by EagarBeez
    I couldn't agree more. Great group of quilters with lots of help and plenty of ideas. I am so happy to be here too. Have a very nice day
    unlike some forums I have been on this one is wonderfull. so happy i found you all

Senior Member MomtoBostonTerriers's Avatar
    The folks on this board understand that sometimes we need expert advice, and at other times we need kudos for the "unique" masterpiece we created. How wonderful to be able to tell the difference.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Anne Marie
    I am new too. I have only been visiting for a couple of weeks and have leaned so much. I'm a little to shy to ask any questions (yet) but I started a list of things I want to learn. This site is the first thing I check everyday when I get to the computer. This has been great because I don't have to wait until I get to my LQS (that is a term I learned from this forum) whenever I have a question.
    Thanks to everyone being so nice.
    I was shy, too. But everyone is so kind, they don't let you think your questions are dumb or elementary (as some of mine were). I am self taught and didn't learn a lot of tips until I got here. So, fire those questions away! You'll get answers. :thumbup:

Couldn't agree more - this board is full of really useful and friendly members. I've gotten lots of tips since joining.

I agree with you! I can't speak for everyone but I know myself pretty well and you're right, I am a nice person! LOL LOL LOL

Blog Entries
    I'm so glad you've joined! You must be a mighty nice person yourself to notice.

I love this site, too, for the positive attitudes, help, and encouragement. Everyone seems to have plenty of grace for those moments when we all need to vent a little frustration. But no one stays in the pits for long around here!

Wow, I never expected such a response when I posted my note here. I am glad to know that there are so many other people that feel the same way I do. And I do see there are lots of you from my part of the country. i am in Vancouver WA. Any close neighbors?

Blog Entries
    I'm a neighbor in the opposite corner of the country. Love this board. I don't post much and only respond to the topics that move me or I'm interested in. The ideas and help we get on this board are astounding. I love it here and spend way too much time reading what everyone has to say. Love it though!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Lilrain
    Wow, I never expected such a response when I posted my note here. I am glad to know that there are so many other people that feel the same way I do. And I do see there are lots of you from my part of the country. i am in Vancouver WA. Any close neighbors?
    I am in Tangent,OR. and there is a get togeather of OR. and Wash.quilt board members at 2Doods house this Saturday in the Portland area,come join us. Cindy

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast